What's the program for the "Godly Obedience" district convention?

by Doom 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

3:45 Symposium: “Be Obedient to Those… Taking the Lead”

By Loyally Supporting ‘the Faithful Slave’

By Our Humble Submission to Overseers of the Flock

This symposium says it all - hell it was totally crap, boring and predictable

• Doom
    Doom

Thanks for your efforts there Osarsif :)

Doom.

• luna2
    luna2

At least you can sleep through some of that drivel, stilla, and not feel bad about it! I now regret all the times I elbowed my sons to stay awake through the endless, over-warm, mind numbing afternoons.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    “Children, Be Obedient to Your Parents in Everything”

I'll never forget when a talk like this came up at the convention. I used to hate it. My mother would punch me in the arm and say, "You listen to this." I hate that title. It gives parents all the power, and leaves the children helpless when it comes to situations involving abuse.

11:10 Youths—Are Your Goals Leading You to Success?

Lemme guess, there's no point in pursuing goals in this time of the end, but youth should be setting goals in SPIRITUAL things, such as auxillary pioneering, regular pioneering, bla bla bla.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

i read this thread and vomited. i gotta sit thru this crap in a few weeks!?!?!?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Bonnzo, NO... You might CHOOSE to sit through it but you don't HAVE too! Every day that you wait to leave is one more day you might have spent out having a life my friend...

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

"Godly Obedience"? That's frigging awesome. I hear they were considering "Shut the F*** Up And Do As We Say," but the liberal faction won out and they softened it up a notch. :-)

I was especially interested in the following talks:

• Friday, 3:15: Do Not Follow "Artfully Contrived False Stories"
      Uh oh. Are they talking about the big mean apostates?
    • Saturday, 11:10 Let No One Hinder You From "Obeying the Truth"
      Are they talking about us again?
    • Saturday, 11:50 In Dedication, "Let Your Yes Mean Yes"
      What, are people backing out of their dedication? Is there a problem here? Is it just me, or do they have the shame-o-matic on big time in this title?
    • Saturday, 2:35 "Pass on From Seeing What is Worthless"I have the feeling that a good deal of this talk will be devoted to (start booming voice) "internet 'chatrooms' and 'discussion boards' that propound apostate reasoning."

Of course, I'm not actually going, so I don't know for sure. Can anyone (stilla?) comment on what these talks are about?

SNG

• wiegel
    wiegel

obey schmobay.............clearly they do not encourage people to THINK! Can't you just see Jesus going around preaching obedience.......and why don't they attack the "artfully contrived stories" by mentioning specifics? 3 blind mice, see how they run...and run....and run......

trudy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit