For what are you df-ed?

by DannyBloem 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Danny, if they question you on it and you don't change your mind they will DA you.

GBL

• blondie
    blondie

Be sure to use the word "doubts." They are supposed to help those doubting.

w98 6/1 p. 19 "Put Up a Hard Fight for the Faith"! ***

Third, Jude urges us to continue showing mercy. (Jude 22) His own example in this regard is remarkable. After all, he was rightly disturbed over the corruption, immorality, and apostasy creeping into the Christian congregation. Nevertheless, he did not succumb to panic, adopting the view that the times were somehow too dangerous to show such a "soft" quality as mercy. No, he urged his brothers to continue to show mercy whenever possible, reasoning kindly with those suffering from doubts and even ‘snatching from the fire’ those straying close to serious sin. (Jude 23; Galatians 6:1)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Danny,

I think it depends how and to whom you say it.

Once the "apostasy" word comes to their minds you're done. If not you can be labeled as "temporarily weak".

Doubt is a convenient word indeed. But if you are already "judicial game" it will not save you.

When I was df'd for apostasy I was not questioning God's existence (yet) and had never taught anything publicly against the WT. It had just been noticed that I and a friend of mine were doing "Bible-only studies" (not using the WT literature) and speaking unusually often about Jesus. Yet the JC tried to have me answer by yes or no to all the "JW particular teachings" listed in a 1986 QFR a few weeks earlier. My answers were always on the line of "I am not sure about that now. To me this is not essential anyway." I even told them: "Maybe within two weeks I'll realise you're right on this, but right now I can't honestly say otherwise." The hearing took several hours but the deliberation was short: df'd. Any answer would have led to the same result because I was already "spotted" by the Bethel, who had sent a special commando of two COs to my congregation.

So if you mean to fade play it "low profile" and avoid being spotted in the first place. If not, enjoy the game...

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Thanks for all the answers,

I think I have not yet been spotted. For some reason I can do almost everything without they ever question anything. And from all the other sins they do not know anything.

So I guess I'm on the safe side. I decided that it is better to fade away. But in the progress, try to give the people that will listen enough doubds and information. This is a bit of a contradiction but I have to try.

Danny

• Golf
    Golf

The Elders decided for me, that is, they said, I wanted an excuse not to be a JW! Isn't that a beaut? Well, thanks to their immature remark the light bulbs came on and I haven't been back since.

It's nice to know that other people can think for you!!!!!

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit