If The Elders Wanted To Disfellowship YOU, What Action Would YOU Take?

by minimus 87 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Would you go? Would you hire a lawyer? Play cat & mouse games? What???

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Dunno, you tell us Min what you're gonna do.

• minimus
    minimus

I dunno either, Oz. But I'm looking for ideas just in case. Got any?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I wouldn't take any action. Why should I care what they do? What have I got to do with them? They'd have done me a favor really. Sure they'll be waging their wicked ways over me, or trying, but still, time to move on along that road to glorious freedom.

• blondie
    blondie

Do they have evidence that they feel they could DF you in absentia?

Would they tell you what that evidence is without your having to meet with a formal JC?

I always thought that was strange. What if they presented info you could refute? Do they stop the proceedings and give you time to bring in eyewitnesses and other proof, circumstantial or otherwise?

If you want to sue them, the only way is to sue the individual elders involved as ordinary citizens going after their material possessions.

Blondie

• Chia
    Chia

I agree with Ozzie. I refuse to let them feel like they have any control over me. I wouldn't answer any phone calls or letters from them, and if they asked to meet with me, I would just say that I didn't want to do that. I may even say that it was torture enough the first time, and there is no way I will ever allow myself to be treated like that again. They'll do what they want anyway. Even though the thought of being DFed is a bit scary to me, the Watchtower already has my family. My mom doesn't want to speak to me anyway because she feels I'm living a disapproved life, even though I'm not DFed. So it doesn't matter. Sometimes I wonder why I don't just write my DA letter and be done with it, but I'm not that strong yet.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I think you only sue when you've lost something of value - but you haven't lost, have you, only gained, so what's to sue about? Just be thankful!

• minimus
    minimus

I do think that if you sue the individual elder(s), that you will possibly make THEM want to back off. Really, who wants to get sued, especially if you can threaten them personally. If ENTIRE bodies of elders had to deal with this on a regular basis, I could see the elder(s) not want to pursue the JC meeting. I could see them, simply warn the congregation privately and claim that this is the way it was originally done in th 1st century congregation.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

I'll do the same thing I did last time the elders demanded a meeting with me.

Me: No thanks I do not feel like going to any meeting whith you guys.

Elder: Yes we realy need to have a meeting about your present standing.

Me: No we don't

Elder: Yes we do

Me: No we don't

Elder: Yes we do

Me: No

Elder: Yes

Me: No

Elder: Yes

Me: Listen to me. If you threat me and say you will df me if I don't agree to have a meeting with you I will show up. But then it will be just because of your threathening. Without any threats you can't possibly get a meeting with me. You need to threat me to get me to a meeting with you guys.

Elder: Ehhhh.......

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!!! I QUIT!!!!

luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit