United States Courts -Judicial Branch Info

by Utopian Reformist 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Maximus
    Maximus

Ah, but you have found solidarities here not of our own making who will use this information most effectively.

While child abuse effectively captures the imagination, who can overlook the kids who are callously allowed to bleed to death under the sanction of a "governing body" who says the symbol is more important than the reality of life?

Abused kids survive, however scarred. Blood-abuse kills them.

The Awake! magazine with dead kids on it was not the Society's finest hour.

Maximus

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Maximus:

I agree and should have included this century's WTBS medical fiasco, the blood issue. I have personally determined that I would make my own careful and researched decision if the situation should ever present itself.

One thing is certain, as has always been my modus, I would never seek, solicit, include or accept the scripted advice of misguided, uneducated elders. In the congregation I seldom attend, it is known that my family adamantly marches to its own beat, without interfering with others, nor concerned with their affairs. I only hope public exposure comes quickly to asisst me in rescuing my family and relatives, without the wounds and battle scars of the administrative trauma so common in the WTBS.

• Jon672
    Jon672

How ironic Utopian, I also work for the U.S. Courts as a Bankruptcy SM!

I've never bothered to research any Witness material as far as court cases on PACER. I'll take a moment on my lunch break to check the national case party index.

For the rest of you, Utopian is right about his pulling case information and posting it here. It would be misuse of his position.

Incidentally, you may not be able to find many cases at the Federal courthouse you visit, because it will only contain information for the district you reside in. The other alternative, if you want to spend a few $$, would be to get a PACER account by contacting them at 1-800-676-6856. There is no charge to obtain a login/password, however the data you query costs you 7 cents per page (appx. 60 lines of text on the screen). Its not much if you are really interested.

Tell them you want to have your account work on the National Case Party Index, as well as for all of the districts of New York, Pennsylvania and perhaps other districts you are interested in.

If you find a case on the National Case Party Index you want to get more details on (such as to view any images of actual documents), you will need to call that 800 number again and tell them to activate your account for that district.

Jon

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Hey Jon:

Are you a JW? If you are I am amazed. Let's exchange information and have an interchange? I haven't met anyone since I have been with the courts who is a JW so far, so this would be exciting. I am curious about your perspectives!

• Francois
    Francois

That information is worth a zillion dollars. I can see the federal courthouse from where I work. I'm on my way.

Francois

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• Jon672
    Jon672

Utopian,

I'm not a JW, I'm an XJW! Just wanted to clarify... I haven't posted my life/JW experience yet, but briefly, I was essentially raised (since 5) as a JW, and was baptised at 15. I had misgivings in high school with regard to their position on college, in fact I got out and out angry at a circuit assembly once when I was 18. When I married a girl who was studying off and on but not baptised, believe it or not I was "marked", however I just did not give a shit what people thought of me. I stayed involved, albeit with less enthusiasm, up until I was about 25, when I decided my beliefs just did not coincide with Witness teachings. And I had a 3 year-old daughter at the time and I did not want to subject her to what I went through as a child for something I had such doubts about.

I'll get in touch with you via email for sure,
    Jon

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Hi Jon:

I am sorry that your life in the past became another "notch" in the WTBS belt. I am glad you are happy and have a beautiful daughter. I hope your family is together and I hope that any JW family out there is still in your life, applying the golden rule and not treating you or your wife and daughter "theocratically".

Continue to hang in there, you know it gets better all the time!

• Maximus
    Maximus

I pull up only thirty-six (36) cases with expert help.

What am I missing?

Maximus

• battman
    battman

try this url

http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/

like a new toy at xmas

battman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit