Should JWS EAT SAUSAGES?

by badboy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I understand that Constantine the Great banned them because they were eaten at PAGAN FESTIVALS.

iN VIEW OF THE PAGAN CONNECTION,should jws eat sausages?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Depends what sort of sausages they were badboy? Obviously cumberland sausages are out, but sausages in general...were they only eaten at pagan festivals?

I think given we can eat easter chocolate bunnies the day after easter, as long as one did not consume sausage on the pagan festival date it would be alright.

(PS do you like my siamese cherries - which I just found in my fruit basket? - see avatar)

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Clearly if the sausage has been strangled and hung up for its blood to drain properly from it neck, then there is no reason why we cannot eat it. I think the real ethical problem here is knowing exactly WHERE the sausage neck is. What if a young untrained butcher strung the sausage up by the wrong end and failed to realise that rather than draining the blood, it had all collected and congealed at one end? For this reason I always cut off both ends of the sausage before I eat it.

I dont think we can have sausage transfusions though, or take them intraveinously.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here the Witnesses make cucumber sausages and give out free samples. They have several ways to give you the pickle.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Gary you make me laugh out loud every time I read you!

Is it monthly or bi-monthly pickle?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    They have several ways to give you the pickle.

I have a feeling our American friends can find a joke in there somewhere but to a Brit' like me it just means...

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

If sausage is outlawed- only outlaws will have sausage!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think may be there is demon activity going on - it can't be a conincidence - I have just had tucked into a salad with cold sausages and branston pickle. and I am not joking either...

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

The real question is...are they allowed to feed Snausages to their dogs?

• Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

Don't know about sausages, but the WTS can eat my shorts, that's for sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit