How many Remnant are left? Anyone know?

by Golden Girl 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

For decades as a Witness I kept a 3x5 card with a list of the number of partakers at the Memorial, which should be the same as the number of the Remnant - according to JW-think. I'd just add the year and the new number whenever that was released. When I began to seriously question the WTS, that card proved very interesting.

I wish I had the card with me, but a few things I do remember about those figures.

1.) The number of partakers, on average over several decades, goes up 25% of the time. In other words, one out of every four years, there are more Remnant on earth than there was the year before! I remember a CO's wife telling me once that there were a lot of menopausal women who suddenly became anointed. Who knows.

2). There was one year, and I can't remember when it was exactly, when the number of partakers made a huge jump - something like 225 to 250 more than the previous year. I think that was sometime in the 1980s, and it took a decade or more for the number of partakers to drop to the previous low figure again. The Society said it was due to the removal of the Iron Curtain, and the counting of all the anointed in Eastern Europe.

One point about the Remnant that seemed to soooo not make sense, was that the term the Faithful and Discreet Slave class is a reference to all of the anointed alive on earth at any one time. So all of the Remnant make up the F&DS. As a group the F&DS has responsibility for the sheep. But the reality was that there was a very small handful of those who claimed to be anointed who had any say over the JWs in general, and that was the Gov Body and perhaps a few other 'anointed' at Bethel. The rest of those who partook at the Memorial didn't have didley squat to say about anything that was happening among "Jehovah's people."

I know one brother who claimed to be anointed, who wrote all these letters to the Society about various issues. His say should have been given as much weight and respect as one of the Gov Body. As an 'anointed one,' he was theoretically in as direct a relationship with Jehovah as any other anointed, including any of the GB. But the reality is that his letters were totally ignored. WTS policy is far more determined by some lawyer who has been a JW for 10 years, or some 40-year-old Bethelite in the Service Department, than it is by some faithful old anointed sister who's pioneered for 100 years and brought a thousand people into "the trooth."

As much as anything, I think this whole "anointed" concept just goes to prove how well the human mind can deceive itself.

S4

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

According of what was said back in the 1970s the, "Remnant Class," was nearing the end, due to 1914 talesin.

Before that generation was over,those alive then back in 1914, the end would come. Let's see now...that generation ended back in the 1980s. That makes what's left of the remnant would be over a hundred or more....

What I hear now is a generation might be a hundred.Will they make up their mind? Another thought is, according to the Watchtower Jehovah is the Editor in charge of all publications. Jehovah never makes errors........

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Isn't it always somewhere around 8,500? Apparently, little old ladies are fornicating left and right before their ascension to heaven, allowing newly appointed annointed ones to run the publishing company.

Yeah, right.

• Jahna
    Jahna

Here are some numbers I got from the WT CD

Year # of Partakers
    1935 52465
    1965 11550
    1974 10723
    1987 8808
    1995 8645
    2001 8730
    2003 8565

I find it hard to believe that in almost 20 years, the numbers haven't really changed all that much.

Jahna

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I find it hard to believe that in almost 20 years, the numbers haven't really changed all that much.

Another of the many signs they've been speculating all along and are flat wrong. Just the number of people who on average ought to have DIED in that age group would have put this figure at less than 2,000 by now, according to actuarial science.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I believe they were supposed to be at the age of reasoning also..so I guess that would be at a minimun..16 years?

Weren't they originally picked In 1914?

So they would have had to at least be born in 1898..which would make them AT LEAST 107 now?

So ALL the remnant they have now would have to be "Replacements"?

Am I thinking right?

How dumb can we get.....

Or rather..how dumb do they think we are?

Thanks so much for the figures!..I did find the stats for 2004 but I didn't have any others..

Snoozy..

Willyloman...how did you come up with the 2000 figure?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Just the number of people who on average ought to have DIED in that age group would have put this figure at less than 2,000 by now, according to actuarial science

But WTS logic surpasses any science that MAN might look up to, dontcha SE that? This way, they can explain anything they need to and the JWs greedily lick it up!

For the record, I was in for 30 years, and quite often wondered what was up with the numbers? I was also told about the Berlin wall/ Russia's opening that escalated the count a couple of times.

I really wonder how long they can keep up the charade!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Aren't those figures fictitious then, desperately trying to hault the destruction of another illusion?

If those 144000 of revelation were a literal number it would have been completed long ago, christianity has no need for the deluded JWs to come along in the 20th century to do this. As if it were possible for so many generations of christians over 2000 years not to provide that relatively small number.

If someone can believe this Rutherford utter non sense then he can believe anything stupid.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    If those 144000 of revelation were a literal number it would have been completed long ago, christianity has no need for the deluded JWs to come along in the 20th century to do this. As if it were possible for so many generations of christians over 2000 years not to provide that relatively small number.

Funny, I never looked at it that way!

Interesting.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Just found the figures - in 1994 the number of partakers hit an all time low, only to have the major jump way up around 1997. It was 2003 before the number of partakers went below the 1994 figure again - nearly a full decade.

The whole remnant concept is such a joke.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit