Read this on another board!..No longer D.A or D.F. ?

by Golden Girl 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

They claim that the JW's... as of the new Organization book ...no longer announce someone is disfellowshipped or disassociated..

but rather they announce " They are no longer a Jehovah's Witness. Anyone that can shed light on if this is true or not?

Snoozy...

• JAVA
    JAVA

GG -- I have no idea if it's true or not, but it doesn't matter one way or the other. The end result is the same of shaming a member, cutting them off from their entire social network, and JW family, too. Treating members as less than human is the trademark of the Tower, whatever they call it.

• Es
    Es

Yes Golden girl this is true they no longer announce if the person has been D\F or have chosen to leave by way of D\A. Now it is such and such is no longer a JW. es

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

what is the diffrence

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Heaps of difference, but it 'legitimises' their approach to those 'evil apostates'.

• talesin
    talesin

From my perspective, here's the difference.

Used to be, that if you DA, TECHNICALLY, they had no reason to shun you.

Now, they are not differentiating between those who choose to leave, and those they DF. All must be shunned, and once again, they leave 'the flock' in the dark as to why.

tal

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

If true I suspect politics and fear of man is their motive.

Avoiding Litigation

• Robdar
    Robdar

Well, if this is the case, I think that I will go ahead and DA myself--something I've held off doing so that friends from my hometown cong wont shun me. Wow, I feel relieved.

Robyn

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Avoiding Litigation

Well said;

Apparently it prevents cases of slander or other forms of defamation; there are ways around this though, it isnt fool proof but its a shrewd move on behalf of the WTBS when you consider the defence of 'fair comment' or 'truth'.

DB74

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

How can any human comment on any other human's personal relationship with Jehovah? Judge not....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit