emotionless

by carla 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I always knew when hubby came home from a meeting it would take a few hours for him to "Join" me again..the same when he visited his JW mom and I didn't go with him. He always came home with an attitude!

He would be so far away..it was very lonesome. Being alone yet not being alone..

I just learned to live with it..and all the holier than tho speechs that came with him when he got home..He was such a good boy..he went to the meeting!..

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

WIthout know a whole lot more it sounds like clinical depression.

• kls
    kls

Evil ,i assure you it is not clinical depression,it's more like someone else that their thoughts and mind over which is what happens.

• carla
    carla

The language barrier is getting to be a real problem as well. Just tonight the kids are complaining that dad said this but then said he didn't say it or it meant something else, not common language usage. Then he gets frustrated because we expect him to say what he means or be held responsible for what he says, at least most of the time. I understand we all say things we may not mean whole heartedly. But, if it doesn't have a grain of truth, people usually don't say it, just for the heck of it. I guess the main problem is that they and I remember the 'old him'. just more venting, thanks, carla

• talesin
    talesin

Evil, that would make sense, as that goes hand-in-hand with being under cult control. Unfortunately, the victim does not recognize it as such. I would say he is (1) mind-controlled and acting like a robot and (2) yes, prolly clinically depressed.

The problem is, soon carla and the kids will also be clinically depressed !

How do I spell homewrecker? W T B T S

• luna2
    luna2

As the only JW in my family, I know I distanced myself from them. It hurt "knowing" that if they didn't join me in happy dubdum, they would soon be destroyed. I created a barrier because I hurt all the time. I was totally convinced that I had found the secrets of the universe and couldn't understand how they couldn't see it.

It became more and more difficult to carry on conversations with people outside of the org. Things my relatives and old friends thought of as important, (ie... their future, work, kids' sports activities, recreation, education, holidays...okay, almost everything), wasn't important to me, especially in the beginning while I was in the first flush of theocratic zeal.

My marriage was already in the crapper by the time I became a JW, so it didn't really have an impact...only allowed me to view our impending divorce with more equanimity...which, looking back, was probably a positive thing for me.

I feel so bad for those of you on the opposite end of this who are having or have had their family lives destroyed by someone you love being trapped in the sticky web of the WTS.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well there are some really good info sources for depression where you can do a self test or he can...explain how you feel to him and make it clear.... I know it must be frustrating, hard, and insane...but hang in there.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well there are some really good info sources for depression where you can do a self test or he can...explain how you feel to him and make it clear.... I know it must be frustrating, hard, and insane...but hang in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit