What's The Most Unreasonable Thing You Did As A Witness?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We have deprived ourselves of many things, haven't we? In my opinion the worst thing would involve losing a life over this stupid religion. Shunning, not talking, not even looking at a person is what we all did, too. Terrible. Terrible.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

A "normal" childhood

But not by my choice, I had to.

DL76

• minimus
    minimus

I know of a star athlete that gave up the scholarships he was given so that he could pioneer before 1975. Coulda been a millionaire. Instead, he still struggles to make ends meet.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Sat in a perfectly good ball park NOT watching a ball game...in the rain...without a good Stetson hat or a slicker.

~Hill

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Couldn't play sports in school. I was pretty good swimmer.

Told the world was going to end soon so didn't think school was important.

My guilt about everything little thing.

Live normal.

Brooke

• littletree
    littletree

I also regret not being allowed to spend any time with my non-JW family. I'm 28 years old now, yet I don't know the names of many of my cousins, neices and nephews. It's been a year and a half that I've been coming to family dinners now, and they're finally warming up to me. So now that I'm "inactive" the Witness family members have just about cut me off, but the non-JW members have had no problem accepting me back. They understand.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    Too busy pioneering as my "fleshly brother" cried out in pain

Sorry to hear all of these, but your's hit me.

I hope that you're handling everything OK now!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Threw out my collection of Beatle albums! You know because they're worldly and use drugs! UGGHHHHH! What singer didn't use drugs in the 1960s and 1970's? Oh yeah, and Elton John was bad because he was gay. I could go on and on and on. My sister wouldn't let me listen to Michael Jackson when she was home, hee hee hee-- and supposedly he was a Witness at the time.

I love music, and that crap used to really get under my skin. Needless to say I have a brand new collection of Beatle CD's. I bet now the Jdumbless class thinks Beatle music lyrics are tame compared to more modern songs.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Lawrence--I am very sorry about the loss of your brother. I lost a brother in 1979 and I still miss him.

• minimus
    minimus

Many kids had to throw out their albums because they either had something to do with sex, violence, paganism or demonism. JWs love bonfires. Too bad they can't live in Ephesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit