Twin Towers\ Armageddon

by Es 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Hey all this may have been mentioned before. I was thinking last night about when the Twin Towers fell and I remembered thinking how close armageddon must be did anybody else think similar....i guess it would only apply to those who were still in the borg at the time es

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

What I thought was, "What the f*(k!" It's strange to wake up, turn on the tv, see it, and then go to school. Then at school, everyone thought America was to blame for whatever happened, true story.

Never thought about armageddon.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

yes, it actually strengthened my faith, as sick as that sounds. i think the average wit has arnie-gedon fantasies that even out-do the imagery of that day. i know i did, and i'm not proud of it. at times i wonder if i was even as morally bankrupt as the fundies that flew the planes that day. :(

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, i didn't, not for one split second. However, at the time there were some messages from bethelites conveyed here. Perhaps someone will find them. As i remember, bethel locked it's doors around noon. A few (less than half a dozen) jws in the area managed to get in before the doors closed.

S

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I was not alive in 45 but think how the dropping of an atomic bomb must have felt

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I was not alive in 45 but think how the dropping of an atomic bomb must have felt

Well, for the Allies, the same as the smell of napalm... victory.

• moanzy
    moanzy

I wasn't too scared of Armageddon until I attended the CA the following month. One of the talks was about how "since 9/11 things are different!" They gave the big prep talk for the headquarters to possibly be taken over by the gov. And how we should all be prepared what may come. Then I was scared!

Moanzy

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I wasn't even watching TV that morning..but my daughter called me from her work and said "We are at war!" Turn on the TV..

Well I ran to the TV..hubby was at work..I heard the announcement and got goosebumps. I was afraid the attacks would keep coming..

I didn't think "God" was doing this..

But I knew what man was capable of doing in war!

I even called my JW MIL and asked her if she was OK..because I was certainly shook up.I thought she may be just a little afraid..she was in her 80's and lived alone.And I could report back to hubby that she was OK..

She gave me some snide remark like "What did you expect..it's what is prophesised in the bible" why should "I" be upset? (Like I am the only one that should be upset.. being a ex-JW)Then she babbled on some more about the JW's ...she had jehovah's protection..and so on..

I said..I was just worried about you..sorry..and she hung up.She didn't even say good-by..just hung up. Course she never would have done that in front of hubby....

I never worried about her again!

The sad thing that happened to me on 9-11 2 years later was (besides remembering the tragic attacks ) that we were told hubby only had 9 months to live..so 9-11 is a very bad date for me! (He only made it to 5 months)

• Bas
    Bas

I'm sorry to hear about your husband ((((Golden Girl))))

I did a little investigation a while ago on the messages that were posted on 9-11, here's the thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/87786/1.ashx

Bas

• blondie
    blondie

"Receiving the gift [Children], the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord?s provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon." (The Watchtower, September 15, 1941, p. 288)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit