WT inflating their numbers?

by Fatfreek 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    My last twenty years I went out but did not put in a report. I thought reporting service to God was wrong.

.....and THAT says it all. GOD KNOWS how many hours we dedicate to him - the statistics are merely there to justify ourselves to MEN... (and I suspect, to keep the ''charity'' status).

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    the statistics are merely there to justify ourselves to MEN

I think it was in the old "JWs in the Divine Purpose" book where it states that Joe Ratherflawed brought in reporting to check up on the R&F.

• Rod P
    Rod P

How about "Number of Doors Knocked on" PLUS "Number of Persons Contacted" (for Seniors in Old Folks homes who don't exactly "knock on doors").

That should bump up their statistics really nicely. And it doesn't matter about Publisher turnovers, disfellowshipments, deaths, etc. (Can you just see those young bucks running from door to door knocking really lightly so nobody hears anything, so they are free to call on the next place. Apartments are wonderful, because you can run down the hall, tap a little on each floor, then escape thru the exit and go to the next floor.)

Rod P.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Great satire, Steve2.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek
    I completely agree with everyone about witnessing hours (although I used to work my butt off for my 60 hours a month!!) but the numbers of Witnesses are viewed by sociologists as being fairly accurate, compared to census reports of people identifying themselves as Witnesses.

Interesting, JW83. Have you got an online source you can refer us to on those sociologist numbers and census report data?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit