Do you think God is Sexist?

by The Lone Ranger 14 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

If one is to believe the writings in the Bible ,yes.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    just dissapointed, starting w/ the 1st rebel.

M Kirov Firstly, a Warm Welcome, if you are new here.

The Bible is full of laws, rules and teachings being sublated (fulfilled/negated). What is THEE message of the New Testament which Christ described as the law and the prophets? Yes slaves are to submit to masters too. The apostles were mistaken and short sighted on some matters, like keeping soeme of the Torah, but still produced inspired scripture. Scriptures as a whole show the truth, even through errors. Women being submissive to men or slaves to masters is superseded by Christs royal law of love. Any form of human subjection would be incompatible with the universal law of neighbour-love.

• Sith
    Sith

Whatever. Short answer...if the Bible is the Truth, then God is a sexist pig

• JW83
    JW83

Omigod, I am actually going to agree with Sith for the first time ever

I am currently researching this very topic for an essay - re women & monotheism. The Old Testament is definitely sexist. The New Testament is not much better. Christ was not a feminist - he was instead interested in the spiritual as opposed to the natural, and women & their reproductive functions were in the latter category. This dichotomy between spiritual (heavenly) and natural (earthly) as good & bad is the central tenet of monotheism & is as misogynist as it gets.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

I created a thread on this topic in a different forum, http://bbs.crystalcathedral.org/ubb/Forum7/HTML/001943.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit