Can Kingdom Hall Elders be Held Liable for Encouraging or Allowing, Spankin

by frankiespeakin 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Couldn't get the whole title of this thread in so here it is:

Can Kingdom Hall Elders be Held Liable for Encouraging or Allowing, Spanking at the Kingdom Hall Meetings???

I think that they can in certain states,, and it may even be traceable to the WT organization(thru the Youth book or watchtowers on disciple). I think that is something the Legal Department in bethel should seriously look into it before the lawsuits start comming in from the children battered at the KH while the elders just sat and did nothing to stop it.

You guys at bethel must know we have come along way from the "biblical times" when it was OK to have your disobiediant son stoned to death for his incorrect behavior.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

You see when you are talking to a business like the "Watchtower" Corparation you have to appeal to thier bottom line, which is "money". I should be able to just say: "Hey you guys at bethel think of the safety and welfare of the children!" But that would never work, lawsuits and great lose of power, or "money" do.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Parents are responsible.

There's nothing wrong with a good swat in the tush of any misbehaving child. However, disciplining of this nature should be done a home and not in a public place.

DY

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, in several European countries spanking is illegal and the WTS removed all references to it in the publications in those countries.

• jaredg
    jaredg

if elders can't be held responsible for with holding information about pedophiles and protecting the flock then i'd say "NO" to your question about elders being held responsible for allowing spankings.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think there could be some lawsuits in the making with reguard to some that as children they were beat severly with a wooden spoon or worse,,I also think some may be able to get a law suit against the WT if they had the witnesses and the right psychlogists at the trial.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i think anyone who is a witness to abuse and does nothing about it should be held responsible one way or the other....

people are so messed up...

luv, kitty

• JH
    JH

Proverbs 13:24, 29:15

24 The one holding back his rod is hating his son, but the one loving him is he that does look for him with discipline.

15 The rod and reproof are what give wisdom; but a boy let on the loose will be causing his mother shame.

Witnesses use these verses to explain why they spank children.

I believe that you can achieve discipline without hitting a child.

I would never hit a child...

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I don't think this will happen. I do remember a certain mature sister and po's wife giving my mother guidance as to how to deal with an active child at the meetings....this involved hitting.....and I saw lot's of that, no one ever came to my rescue, it was encouraged to keep me in line. I would like to see the government step in and outlaw corporal punishment as a means to keep kids still during meetings.

DL76

• rebel8
    rebel8

bttt

Good question! Paging any attorney on this forum....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit