"They have NEVER lied"

by Robert_V_Frazier 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ellie
    Ellie

well, this is all a bit advanced for me but can say that the JWs I know, including my own mother, are definately not afraid of telling a few lies, but who am I to question the actions of such good christian morally upright people.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Excellent piece of work, OldSoul. Len.

• VM44
    VM44

Here is the only reference to "Beth Shan" that the Watchtower Society ever made. Compare to the "False Reports" above and see if The Watchtower was not being misleading. The Consolation was the new name for The Golden Age magazine, and the previous name for the current Awake! magazine.

I think it is entirely proper to say that The Watcthower was caught lying in this instance.

--VM44

Consolation, May 27, 1942, p. 9.

The judge decided to continue the case so that the new site could be brought before the Planning Commission... the second plot was a proper place for burial.... The Planning Commission, who deliberated for more than two weeks, investigating the site, was haled before the court, and denied the second application for a cemetery.... New location for interment was almost in the center of the property known as Beth-Shan, which is roughly 75 acres of canyon and mesa land, adjoining Beth-Sarim but separated by a half-mile width of canyon. This property, also belonging to WATCHTOWER, has one small and one large dwelling on it and a few outhouses, and consists of some fruit trees and other cultivated patches in aggregate about seven acres, and about 65 acres of unreclaimed brush, either too steep, or rocky, or inaccessible for development.... Judge Rutherford, in a discussion before his death, had said that as a second choice he wished to be buried somewhere on these wild acres. In order that all the objections made in regard to the first site near to Kensington Heights might be removed to this new site, it was requested that only a ten-foot-square cemetery be granted. The spot was also inaccessible except by a private road a half mile long and closed by a gate.
  • squinks
    squinks

Um, lemme see now,

Oh yeah, is pulling stuff out of your a#% the same as lying?

• Robert_V_Frazier
    Robert_V_Frazier
    Um, lemme see now,

Oh yeah, is pulling stuff out of your a#% the same as lying?

Sure. It's just not the kind of lying I'm documenting. I want the kind where they look right at a piece of writing, especially a piece they wrote themselves, and that everyone knows they knew, and then they said or wrote something completely different and false about what they knew. Something that even the most brainwashed and brain-dead JW can't say, "But that was just an honest mistake!"

Come on, the real way to tell when the Society is lying is easy. If they're talking, and you can hear the words, they're lying. If they're writing, and there's enough contrast between the color of the text and the color of the paper (or the background color, in the case of their official website) for you to make out what the words are, they're lying.

Simple.

Robert V Frazier

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit