Insane real estate market

by target 23 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

We have investigated real estate in many areas in Texas, and yes they can drill for oil next to your property in many areas, but not in the Woodlands. I do not know where you got your information, but it is not from a documented source. That is not the reason for the dense forest either. Just because someone says it, doesn't make it so. We have read the restrictions. And the real estate prices are no higher than anywhere else of that same quality. We are not rich people and we are not stupid.

Target

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties in California. Craziness.

For a while (about a year or so ago) people would put their homes on the market with no asking price. Buyers would simply start making offers. Insanely high offers.

My brother just bought a 1400 sq ft home for $615k. Little strip of grass in the back and smaller in the front.

The good news is that if and when they sell this, they will be able to afford something real nice somewhere else.

-Aude.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Over here in England, banks apply a rule to first time buyers - they will only lend 3 and a half times your annual salary. For single people (with only one income) and with the current housing prices, it has become impossible to get onto the bottom rung of the housing ladder. I was fortunate enough to buy in the last recession, a 2 bedroom flat. It was a real bargain, however nearly all my friends can't afford to buy. Also, if I want to move up the ladder (as I would like a garage and a bigger garden), I will have to borrow more than I originally borrowed. In my town, a decent detached house can cost around a quarter of a million pounds.

• Bas
    Bas

The market in Holland has exploded too over the last decade. Cheapest rowhouse now going for 200K euro...that's 250K $....And unlike America we don't have any areas where the market is "normal" and this truly sucks. Now poor people and newcomers are forced too rent which is basically throwing away money in my opinion.

But then again, I see this "bubble" bursting worldwide, before the end of the decade and it will hurt many people and the economy as a whole too. Not a pretty thing to look forward too, but hey, I get to buy a cheap house!b

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit