What Was Your Behavior Like Just Before You Left "The Truth"?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Exemplary JW... of course I havent left yet and I am living a lie... so perhaps not so exemplary huh.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

They are still scratching their scrotums/heads trying to figure out. "what's wrong with that boy."

Dismembered

"They": believe they're gliding down the highway,

when in fact they're slip-sliding away".

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I believe that when people leave because of doctrines and facts, they will never go back

I made sure many of the dubs knew that was the reason before and after I DF'd the Governing Body for apostasy. As far as behavior changing; it changed so much for the better after I got out that it makes a great witness for Jesus and exposes how destructive the WTBTS is. Many of the non-dubs in the area who knew I was a devout JW can now see that the truth ain't the truth because I trust Christ instead of a dozen demonised old men in NY and it reflects in my daily behavior.

• Gill
    Gill

I wish that I had been as cool as many of you have been, but I was a thoroughly brainwashed idiot who had been pummelled into 'the troof' and had spent ALL of my life fearing, elders, parents, Armageddon... you name it I was scared of it. Then, the less I wanted to go to meetings the more I would shake violently when I went to KH's and group studies....I just hated the whole bOrg and was torn with the shame of hating everyone in the bOrg that had go me into this situation. I just didn't have the guts to pack it all in with finesse and style like you others and finally I had a break down. No one bothered with what was wrong with me and elders came round and explained that my problem was I wasn't studying or praying enough. I still didn't understand what was wrong with me till my GP sent me to a Counsellor and Psychiatrist and they pretty quickly got to the root of the problem, past life experience, being a JW etc.

Now I know I took the chickens way out, but I still made it out.

Let's just say I'm not afraid of much any more! Life is so good not belonging to the JWs cult!

• minimus
    minimus

Dis, you make a good point. They really can't figure out what coulda happened. It boggles their little minds.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Exactly

Dismembered

Cripes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit