The Dateline piece...

by OldSoul 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I just saw the Dateline piece. I have been trying to avoid watching it because I already knew how hard proof of the allegations is to come by, and knew just as well what kinds of emotions it would bring up in me.

If any JW has not seen it, try to find a copy to view. While you watch the piece, think about the kind of love Christ said would be evident among his disciples and see if you can find what's wrong with this picture. I bet you can. That is why you were warned not to watch it. That is why Barbara Anderson was DF'd. Because if you watched then you would know, and those custom-fitted blinders don't fit so well afterward.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• kls
    kls

OldSoul, i assume you are talking about the Dateline show of the molestings and the coverups. I saw the show when it first aired along with my jw husband, i was nearly in tears and my husband just shook his head as to say " they are all lieing". He does believe that these molestings do occur , a real jw would never do these things and god is weeding out the bad jws from the good because the end is near

• z
    z

Do you have like? Or you can download it? I would love to show it to my JWS friend who says this is all lie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Victims of abuse have a lot to lose by stepping forward and saying what happened to them. There are many survivors here who have been able to break their silence. Mostly we have more to lose than we have to gain by doing this. Most of us have lost family and loved ones because we believe the truth is more important than the coverups.

Very very few survivors take their abusers to court so coming out has nothing to do with lawsuits and money. And even the few cases (both JW and non-JW) ever actually collect any settlement that a court might pass down in a judgement.

The Dateline and other programs from Canada, Australia and elsewhere are well worth watching. Serious documentary programs would risk a libel suit by the WTS if the claims they report were not based on sound research and court documents

If you haven't seen any of these programs I suggest you find copies and view them and judge for yourself

• Lady Lee
  • TheListener
    TheListener

I have the Dateline show videotaped. I will try to dub it to a DVD (without my local commericals), I would be willing to send it to someone who may wish to make copies. This might take me some time but I'll begin to work on it.

• blondie
    blondie

Check this site for a copy of the Dateline show.

www.silentlambs.org

It would be a good site to bookmark if you are interested in what is being done in the area of combatting child abuse in the WTS.

Blondie

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

If anyone wants a copy of the dateline video, I have it and I can send it to anyone who wants it by email. I also have the CBC's Fifth Estate dealing with the same issue here in Canada, but that file is to big to send by email, but i'm willing to do a direct p2p through MSN messenger or yahoo messenger for anyone who wants it.

Edited to Add: I didn't see Blondie's post.....silentlambs.org is where you can get all videos that were made by different networks on the child abuse problems with the organization

• TheListener
    TheListener

Wow, thanks Blondie.

I won't have to sneak around my house trying to dub something EVIL. SilentLambs is GREAT.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

When I asked my former friend/study conductor about it the next day, I was told, "Don't listen to them because they're apostates, so they're lying."

Blind me just went along with it...but it stayed in the back of my mind once I began to wake up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit