Is yours a PURPOSE DRIVEN life?

by Terry 32 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    The void must be filled. Nature abhors a vacuum.

What flowed in when the JW's Divine purpose leaked out?

WHAT HAS BECOME YOUR PURPOSE which drives your life?

I love this game! :D

Here's what I wrote a few months ago:

1. My empowering self-definition is:

• I am a* nucleus of spiritual power, the speck of dust around which the ice crystal forms.
      • My setbacks trigger good luck - and my good luck is contagious!
      • Poetry is writing me.
      • I am a pioneer of the coming anarchist civilization.
    2. The question I want my life to answer is:

• "Who are the children of Pleasure and Righteousness?"
    3. My life's purpose is:

• To marry luxury to wisdom and beauty to justice.
      • To walk in the dignity of Exu. No, really.
      • To minister the Golden Rule by means of cognitive dissonance.
    4. My personal mission statement is: A poet's responsibility is to change one life.
    5. The sort of influence on others I'd like to be is: (Dr. Kioni's includes: empowering others to reach their full potential, the fullest expression of the divine that they can be)

gentlyferal

* Note, Terry, a nucleus, not the nucleus. Just about anybody can do it. Many do. Define "spiritual power" as loosely as you like, please.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

My purpose is to be happy and never again sacrifice myself for another organization or human being.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

my purpose is still to try to make the world a better place. if that means I.T. volunteering for UNESCO, or helping spread common understanding of the scientific method, then i try to be involved in that. my vacume is filled right now with university (computational biology aka bioinformatics), but in my dream "purpose driven life" i somehow, in the future, make a contribution to biogerontology that radically extends human life.

it's ironic. i think a lot of the desire to contribute to the betterment of humanity actually stems from being in the org. but, now i feel even more ripped off that i contributed to making other peoples lives worse for so long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit