WHAT WOULD YOU WANT YOUR GRAVE STONE TO SAY?

by new boy 73 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

I always liked what Richard Dryfress said in the movie "Alaways", when he found out he was dead---"Wow!!!-----What a jerk I turned out to be"!!!!

My Mother's head stone says---------"I told you I was sick"!!!------------she always got the last word in.

NB

• Dansk
    Dansk

Absolutely nothing! I wish to be cremated.

Ian

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Here lies the body of ig, alas!

He tried to trace escaping gas!

With lighted match, he braved the fates......

which blew him to the pearly gates

ig

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

Why would I have a headstone? I am not going to die.....the New System is so very near now...any day.....sooon.

But, I could get hit by a train or an asteroid or something before then. So, I just want to be cremated and dumped somewhere out in the woods...in the bottom of some creek or ravine. No headstone or anything....just sprinkle the ashes around.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

...or how about

iggy_the_fish - committed athiest. All dressed up and nowhere to go!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

pardon my dust

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I am an organ donor and would like to cremated also but if I were to have a headstone I would like it to be:

"Here lies Ed:

His Sins were Scarlet

But His Books were Read"

-Eduardo (of the wishes he were a professional writer class)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"I will gladly thank you not to drag your ass across my grave."

or maybe...

"Ever want to fck a chick in a graveyard? Here's the perfect spot."

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I like the story of Japanese cineast Yasujiro Ozu's tombstone:

Whilst in China during his war service, Ozu asked a Chinese monk to paint the character "mu" for him (an abstract concept loosely meaning "void" or "nothingness"). Ozu died painfully on his sixtieth birthday in 1963 of cancer and his tombstone in the temple of Engaku in Kita-Kamakura bears the inscription "mu" from the monk's painting that he had kept all his life.
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I would like a realistic-looking hand jutting out from the dirt, preferably a motion-sensor one that would wave at any passers-by.

Either that or a tree would be nice.

No words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit