Bookstudy Group Disbanded......haha

by Mary 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I just got word that the bookstudy attendance in one of the groups at my Hall has dwindled off to numbers so pitiful that they're dissolving this particular bookstudy group and splitting up the remainder and shipping them out to other bookstudy groups. The CO is gonna shit twice and die when he finds this out. LMAO! During his last visit, he droned on and on and on and ON about meeting attendance and how we're all lacking in appreciation and blah, blah, blah........anyone else know of bookstudies in your area where they're having to merge due to the uh...lack of appreciation?

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Been to a couple of bookstudies that disbanded because someone in the host family got DF'd.

Both ended up at the KH because people hated to host them at their homes.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My bookstudy group disbanded last month as the elder was removed. His group had the best attendance and all were really close......I don't know really what is going on now as I quit going to the meetings myself. But overall attendance is down at my hall. I figure it will really go down again with the uncoming restudy of the Daniel book.

purps

• JAVA
    JAVA

** Both ended up at the KH because people hated to host them at their homes. **

We had a Bookstudy in our home, and it was pain. Getting the house ready was one thing, but there were a few that didn't drive, and I would pick them up, and usually take them home after the study. I was also the Bookstudy conductor, so I had to act like I knew what the Tower was talking about, when of course, I didn't. Wearing a suit and tie in your own home didn't seem right either. :)

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    he droned on and on and on and ON about meeting attendance and how we're all lacking in appreciation and blah, blah, blah........

And so he uses the old WT technique of continuing the floggings until morale improves!

Imagine if these jokers reversed tack and tried something like: I realise how tough it can be to show commitment in these times, but let me say that I'm impressed by the dedication and love for Jehovah shown by those here who seek food from Jehovah's table amid the gathering of the brothers. I deeply appreciate the devotion shown by you who love Jehovah and are faithful to him in your meeting attendance. As I was circulating among the bookstudy groups this week, I was struck by the attentiveness of those gathered, and the intelligence and passion with which they answered the study questions. And it was a delight to get a chance to share with some of you personally afterwards - the preaching work is obviously in good hands! Now, please make sure you encourage those who may be for whatever reason avoiding fellowship at the various meetings, especially the bookstudies, to come along and share with us again. Let them know how much we miss their presence and their input. Thank you all for your hard work and attention!

Could such a thing work? It seems to, in other chruches that actually ARE growing!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I realise how tough it can be to show commitment in these times, but let me say that I'm impressed by the dedication and love for Jehovah shown by those here who seek food from Jehovah's table amid the gathering of the brothers. I deeply appreciate the devotion shown by you who love Jehovah and are faithful to him in your meeting attendance. As I was circulating among the bookstudy groups this week, I was struck by the attentiveness of those gathered, and the intelligence and passion with which they answered the study questions. And it was a delight to get a chance to share with some of you personally afterwards - the preaching work is obviously in good hands! Now, please make sure you encourage those who may be for whatever reason avoiding fellowship at the various meetings, especially the bookstudies, to come along and share with us again. Let them know how much we miss their presence and their input. Thank you all for your hard work and attention!

This is what I am talking about.........I never understood why they did not ever say these things. Instead, its 3 meetings of getting beat up. So much for getting uplifted. I do remember some talks long ago where we did hear more of this kind of appreciation and encouragement.

I was thinking one reason why I might have liked the meetings, in my busy schedule it is about the only time I got to sit, without feeling guilt.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Wearing a suit and tie in your own home didn't seem right either. :)

Java,

I often thought the same thing, the book study was at our house for a couple of years and I hated having to get all dressed up to sit in my own living room I could never understand why all the pomp was so nessary, the borg instructs dubs to meet in homes for the bookstudy as a way to be prepared for persecution and the possibility of not being able to meet openly in the kh, now consider that if the JW's were to be persecuted and needed to resort to meeting secretly in peoples homes, all that dress up would be bring un-wanted attention and suspicion upon themselves, so why not just be dressed casualy while still being clean and well groomed? Just some of my thoughts.

DL76

• garybuss
    garybuss

All the time I attended a Tuesday night book study group we had one hour of door to door religious magazine distribution and donation soliciting before the study. We had to wear business suits to do the door to door religious magazine distribution.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Mary

Disbanded bookstudy? That's music to my ears. I look foward to the day that, Kingdom Halls become Eagles, Elks, VFW hall too. Let's keep each other posted.

PS: Bookstudys in ones home sucks.Reason(s): setting up the chairs sucks,some of the idiots/elders refuse to take off thier damn shoes, others brats, (due to utter boredom) continue to get up and flush the toilet into oblivion. some won't leave when you want them to. It's a pain in the arse.

Dismembered (from the I had one in my house for 4 years class)

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Dismembered said:

Disbanded bookstudy? That's music to my ears. I look foward to the day that, Kingdom Halls become Eagles, Elks, VFW hall too. Let's keep each other posted.

My original KH is now a town hall and police station. Sorry to say that it is not because of lack of attendance but it was sold when we quick-built the new one.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit