Guns and JWs

by VM44 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

I packed a little High Standard double nine as a Witness. I popped a mole with it one day. That was yard defense.

• blondie
    blondie

GUNS IN A NUTSHELL

1. JWs must follow the laws of the country/state/province they live in. No guns; then no guns. If only certain kinds of guns, etc., etc.
    2. JWs are not allowed to have employment that requires a gun; military, DAing yourself; but law enforcement is possible, jail and prison guards in many areas do not carry guns. If you insist on having a job in law enforcement or security and are required to carry a gun, the BOE will not allow you to have any privileges.
    3. Hunting animals with a gun (or a bow and arrow for that matter) is permitted. Of course, you must follow the laws in your area. They do get upset if you miss the CO's visit or the circuit assembly because it is deer season. The biggest offenders are the elders. I can remember a CO going apoplectic during a talk because so many elders had not been at the elder's meeting on Saturday, the first day of deer season..
    4. Of course, you might wonder if Brother BigHunter brings out a machine gun wondering what beast he plans on killing with that.

Blondie

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

elders+ gb ban guns for the r+f...as protection for themselves...i know if id had one i wouldnt be alive now and my jc wouldnt be walking.......or married

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

4 Of course, you might wonder if Brother BigHunter brings out a machine gun wondering what beast he plans on killing with that.

Maybe he is out hunting the wild beast. The scarlet colored beast. Oh, but be sure to check the library first in case any of God's mouthpieces are there....wouldn't want to offend the big guy.

Evil Force - Young People Ask - " Why can the GB sit with the UN, but we can't sit to lunch with worldly friends? "

• eljefe
    eljefe

Eduardo,

Your opinion on the second ammendment differs greatly from the DOJ's (Link).

Also, I think we need protection by weapons more than ever. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens allows criminals, who will keep their guns legal or not, to easily overpower everyone else. An armed populace allows an individual citizen to defend himself should the need arise. When was the last time the police arrived within 1 minute of being called? I haven't ever seen that happen. If a citizen is armed he can defend himself until the police come (which is usually about 10 minutes).

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

That's called cowboy justice.

While I am not a supporter of guns or too strict of gun control you must look at Japan, Northern European countries, and other places that have strict gun control limits. THEY HAVE LOWER VIOLENT DEATHS and CRIME. So you cannot make that empty argument without defending that MORE GUNS EQUALS MORE GUN DEATHS. Also, your gun will more than likely used against you in a crime.

I have owned guns myself. 9MM, Uzzi, .22, .357. Used them to target pratice and "shoot stuff" for fun. Nothing wrong with them per se in my opinion yet they do cause considerable harm and death. So guns don't kill people, people kill people is true. But an inflamed, drunken sot maybe only could punch someone when pissed instead of grabbing his "2nd amendment right" and shoot someone.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thank you eljeffe.

Also, I think we need protection by weapons more than ever. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens allows criminals, who will keep their guns legal or not, to easily overpower everyone else. An armed populace allows an individual citizen to defend himself should the need arise. When was the last time the police arrived within 1 minute of being called? I haven't ever seen that happen. If a citizen is armed he can defend himself until the police come (which is usually about 10 minutes).

Being an NRA member (and NO......I do not support all they say) I feel a need for protection where I live and when I am riding my bike or hiking. There have been times when I have encountered some real wierd people in isolated areas. Thankfully, nothing ever happened.

There are more and more home invasions everywhere around the country and no matter where I am in my house, I have access to PROTECTION.......whether it be a 12 gage hunting shotgun, a Mossberg 12 gage persuader, a .357, a 9mm, a .380 or a butcher knife. If someone kicks in my door, I feel that they will be the one who is carried out IF THEY ARE INTENT ON DOING ME HARM. Once they are aware that I am armed and they continue on their intended duties.......then it is them or me. And I don't want it to be me.

I hope I never have to defend my life to some crackhead. And I know it would bother me to take a life. But it is them or me! I like my life and will not give it up willingly to a criminal.

To me.....owning a weapon for protection or even concealed carry is no different than owning a cell phone or carrying "Flat Fix". You have these things for the unexpected and emergencies.

However! I feel that to buy a weapon without proper training is a recipe for disaster. The person who doesn't really know how to handle a firearm is usually the one to have an accidental discharge (firearm type) or who shoots without the split second thought of "is it right"?

I REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM........if it is in my power to do something about it.

HappyDad

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

I knew quite a few JW's who owned guns for hunting and target practice. I knew an elder who had a shooting range in his back yard. As mentioned by a few, I knew of some congregations in midwest that would be nearly empty of brothers during deer season. In some cases this was how some put food on the table for brothers that had seasonal jobs and money was tight. I know of one time after a Sunday meeting a brother goes out to his car, spots a deer in a nearby field. Pulls his rifle out of his vehicle and drops the deer from the parking lot.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I like your nickname wunce wuz...that's great.

Maybe he really needed to get some of his anger out after a meeting and shot the neighbor's cow. You sure it was a deer? LOL

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

This is the first thing I did when I was "rebelling" against the bOrg, was to buy a handgun for self defense. Now for work I carry a M4 with a M203 and a Sig P226 sidearm. Personal carry is Sig P228.

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit