Apostates and dubs in the same restaurant!!!!

by unbeliever 37 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

A small group of us who grew up together try and get together every few months. We went to this Mexican restaurant and there was a group of witnesses there.

The tension was so thick. One of the guys there saw 2 elders who served on his JC. The hostess sat us very close to them. At first no one said anything and then the dubs starting talking about fs. Then one of the elders said that armageddon could come at anytime and that if you have sinned againt jehovah and his organization you better repent before it's too late. We then all started laughing. Then one of the guys said "tell me my fellow apostates and opposers what do you consider the biggest blunder of the jw's?" A whole slew of stuff was mentioned. False dates, UN, covering up for pedophiles, etc. The dubs did not like that and they got up and left. I guess they did not like the stench of the apostates or did not like to hear the truth. I hope this does not happen again but it was nice putting the dubs in their place after they started talking that repent bs.

• kls
    kls

Man would i have loved to have been there but i am sure it was very uncomfortable and you guys held your own.

Good job for not backing down

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Most of us are old pros at this, unfortunately. No way in hell were we going to leave or ask to be seated some where else.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

i WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE WITNESSED THAT - IN FACT IT WOULD HAVE PERSUADED ME TO LEAVE A BIGGER TIP

• kls
    kls

Unbeliever , what was your groups thoughts when you saw the JWS?

Like oh Shit? What was running through your head ?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Great Story!

Goats = 1 Sheep = 0

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

kls,

It was more like of all the places we could have gone, we picked the restaurant with the dubs.

Most of us have been out for years so it really did not effect us. It was more funny than anything especially after they got up and left.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm seeing flashes of West Side Story in my minds eye as I read this. There's gonna be a rumble.

ggrrrr, now that I've said that, I'm hearing "can you see, with your minds eye, people sharing together (or however that kingdom melody goes)...." in my mind's ear.

• Odrade
    Odrade

LMAO!!! how extreme is that? It's so funny that they probably thought they could give some kind of "witness" to you guys. I'll bet they all went home and prayed really hard then took a shower to wash off your magic apostate words before they were stumbled. LOL, hahaha!

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?
    Then one of the elders said that armageddon could come at anytime and that if you have sinned againt jehovah and his organization you better repent before it's too late.

I believe it! I know COs that would have said this without hesitation.

I wish I had been there.

1 John 4:20 If anyone makes the statement: "I love God," and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot be loving God, whom he has not seen.

That elder is empowered by his own short-sighted judgment. He better repent before it is too late.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit