Did life as a JW turn you into an alcoholic?

by hamsterbait 12 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I certainly blamed my drink problem at first on the frustrations and blah blah blah of the life as a JW.

If you had a drink problem as a JW what caused yours. Does leaving aid recovery?

HB

• kls
    kls

Never had the problem.

• kls
    kls

Never had the problem.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Never an alcoholic, but I drank more as a JW than now. So much less stress and SO much less guilt!

Dave

• kls
    kls

Now who double posted me?

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

You're pissed KLS admit it. Denial is the first recourse of an alcoholic you know

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Kls you flirt you!!

You just wanted to walk past me twice to see if I saw you... Saucy vixen!!

But I am torn between Sunspot (security) and Kls (freedom) - you know me so well.....

Seriously though, I also had an alcoholic father with his own issues. He tried to kill us the night before my Mom left him.

HB

• kls
    kls

Ok NWT ,you got me,i was drunk when i posted my answer,,,,,,,,,can't get nuttin over you guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

Oh Hamsterbait baby, how did you know you sly little Hamster you .

• Frog
    Frog

my poor ol' mum became fond of her cask of vino after 25years in the org...fortunately she's acknowledged the problem since and is all better...frog

• Es
    Es

dont know if i would class it as being an alcoholic but there was def a time last year that i had to drink every night to feel numb and relaxed. I guess to being out of the truth and knowing you can get drunk i was doing that more often and now my liver isnt the happiest with me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit