1975 - Lest We Forget

by GetBusyLiving 92 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

'My mum thought she'd be playing frisby with a tiger and eating tropical fruit in an alpine glade with a bunch of peruvians playing pan pipes.'

That's so funny OLNS.............

We were told as young kids 'You'll be able to play with a tiger & ride an elephant in the New World.' (1959)

And then when we were teenagers 'Don't think about a career in this old system, there'll be so many opportunities for single young men in the New World. Plan to serve Jehovah & go to Bethel'

I'm in my late 50's now and still the GB & FDS think they have credibility & that we should hang on their every word.

Very poignant about your mother & father's relationship though OLNS.

The 'Truth' caused quite a bit of friction between my parents due to my father being more inclined toward the JW's than my mother.

HOAB

• Listener
    Listener

The immediate future is certain to be filled with climactic events, for this old system is nearing its complete end. Within a few years at most the final parts of Bible prophecy relative to these “last days” will undergo fulfillment, resulting in the liberation of surviving mankind into Christ’s glorious 1,000-year reign. What difficult days, but, at the same time, what grand days are just ahead!

Sorry, the quote from the watchtower 1968 did not paste and print in the correct size so I have now made it readable.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

• Awake May 22, 1969
            "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"
            Here they say that within eight years of 1969 'this system .........will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!'
            I was 16 years old when this was being pushed at us by the Jehovah's Witnesses, I was foolish enough to be influenced by what they were preaching.

Share this

Google+
        Pinterest
        Reddit