Can you be disfellowshipped for taking a yoga class?

by TweetieBird 36 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Evil Force--what is FDS? You crack me up, and I'm sure any kind of dancing has a sexual origin.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Faithful and Discreet Slave

or also known as Fricking Dumb Society

• Poztate
    Poztate

They don't like to see you do anything where you meditate and make your mind go blank...They don't like the competition..

• Sabrina
    Sabrina

JW's claim meditation is an open door, inviting demons into your mind. However, I think they are worried that if you think too deeply, you will figure out that everything they teach is bullsh*t. As for disfellowshipping, truly, when it comes down to it, they can disfellowship you for any reason at all. Some elders are truly loving, just very misled. They truly believe this is the truth, and they will do everything they can to help you see the 'light' before taking steps to df you. However, there are many that are vindictive, self-serving, self-righteous, and look down their noses at everyone else. They don't need a reason, they can make up anything, say anything, and when you protest, they'll use that against you too, saying you are 'stumbled', 'weak', or 'unrepentant', and df you anyway. Just my thoughts on the matter.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Tweety, are you still going to meetings or otherwise identifying yourself as a JW? If not, just don't tell anyone about the class and you should be fine (if they follow their own rules that is). They are not supposed to DF people who haven't associated or identified themselves as JW for a long time. Just don't tell anyone about the class so your family doesn't think you're demonic and cut off contact.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

EvilForce-thanks for the clarification. FDS sounds like a feminine hygiene spray.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Rebel8, yes I am still attending meetings unfortunately. I haven't told anyone about my yoga classes, and don't intend to. I told my kids not to let anyone know either. They think it's stupid that I have to hide it, one kid is a believing JW even though he's still not baptized (19 years old). As I said earlier, I'm almost to the point where I could really give a flip, the only thing that keeps me from not wanting to get df'd is there are some family members that it would kill. My kids however, would still associate with me regardless and that is really all that matters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit