davinci code!

by cyborgVision 12 Replies latest jw friends

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

I'm just watching da vinci code programme on History channel. ... wondering what you guys make of it all. Does it make any sense or is it WT-like publisher's stunt....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I borrowed the book from my brother-in-law, and intend to start reading it this weekend, now that my report is finished.
    I'll let ya know...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yeah I've read it. It's a thumping good yarn!
    (Much like another very old Book I read.)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Are you referring to the program called something like, "Debunking DaVinci"?

I watched that and had a good laugh. An entire program devoted to debunking a fictional book that lists in its introduction what parts are true and what are not. Stupid. I think I'll make a program entitled, "Debunking Bugs Bunny".

• scotsman
    scotsman

rebel8, the book lists that the Priory of Sion is a fact, when it is in fact a hoax, hence the debunking.

It's trash but fun, with the the right amount of recognisable locations and institutions to make you suspend your disbelief, albeit temporarily.

It did strike me last week that the M on JP2's coffin could read as further evidence of a Mary Magdalene cover up...

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

No it is called Holy Grail: i.e. is Holy Grail proof of the marriage between Jesus and Mary Magdalene.... Strange programme, not sure what to make of it really. Problem with it is that we do have outside the bible account that confirms Jesus' crucifixion. Hence, this all sounds a bit weird.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I loved the book. It's a novel and whether the book is true or not is irrelevant. The plot is still very good and exciting.

• Bas
    Bas

I loved the DaVinci-code, best book I read in years. As a matter of fact I have two other books by Dan Brown here, "The Juvenalis Dilemma" and "The Bernini Mystery", haven't read them yet though. Also I'm looking forward to part three of Langdon's adventures, and ofcourse the movie!b

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I read all those Dan Brown books and was intrigued by his view of the grail legend and Mary Magdalene. I wonder if there is a grain of truth to it and if there was a massive coverup on the part of the early church fathers!

If this is true it would throw the whole christian theology into a cocked hat!

LHG

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

The book is FICTIONAL. And the author says it's fictional.

It's like watching an Oliver Stone movie. He weaves in enough of the truth to make it seem real, yet lots of conspiracy theory to make it entertaining. The sad thing is, most American's history lessons are so poor, people walk out his movies thinking that's what really happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit