Should I go to college or pioneer??? Hmmmm...

by ADJUSTMENTS 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS
    Hmmmmm... I can't decide???

• zeb
    zeb

I take it you are a male.

It has been my life's observation that jw youth are at least 2 years behind in social development over their 'worldly' peers.

Your indecision indicates thus. Tread the path before you very carefully..

You will not be single for ever.

The "We will manage" belief that i have heard and i sense it here, so often means you have not the slightest plan at hand.

Go to a guidance officer and ask for an assessment as to your skills.

Cleaning windows for an occupation while you live with mum & dad is just a start to life not any full fulfillment.

If you 'pioneer' it is days to be counted when you will be married. Do you know the average house rent?

If you partner also 'pioneers' (second car) then whatever jobs you have will go to rent and the motor companies.

Will you have any medi-plan (private health insurance).?

Once she pops out babies.. oh and she will.. the pressure on husband to provide will become great.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Zeb, it's a satrical question. Who would be so stupid as to... oh wait... JW's......

• Honesty
    Honesty

By all means pioneer because the end is imminent and you will never again get another opportunity to vindicate Jehover's name.

Pioneering is very fulfilling and by doing so you will be the first to hear about the latest dirt on your weaker brothers and sisters.

if you are a male, pioneering will open up many doors, including the privilege of sitting on judicial committees and playing God with sinful Jehovah's Witnesses.

On perk is that you will be able to condemn them to eternal death if they piss you off.

On the other hand, the only things college can offer is a decent job with a good salary which will enable you to retire comfortably and adequately support your family.

Turn in your Application for Pioneer service today.

Don't wait until it's too late! 

• Heaven
    Heaven
    College.
  • millie210
    millie210

I went to college under great disapproval from the elders. I caved and went for far less  than I wanted to, getting a "functional degree".

My dream was to be an anthropologist. I used my lesser degree and it was "ok" but not anything that made my heart sing.

I did pioneer for 10 years also.

Can you guess what my regrets are now? 

• _Morpheus
  • cappytan
    cappytan

I did both, but couldn't cut it. So I dropped out of one. 

I chose poorly.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Do both! By going to college, you could be a higher-education pioneer (i.e. trail blazer) in your JW family. 

• Heaven
    Heaven

Going to College is a no-brainer over Pioneering.

On the other hand, Pioneering requires no brains. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit