What good bible wisdoms do you know?

by Bas 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bas
    Bas

I'm not much of a bible expert myself so I was wondering what good Bible/jesus wisdoms do you know? Things that can help you in daily life by keeping them in the back of your mind. Also I'm not looking for cliche's that everyone knows regardless if they ever opened the bible, more like philosophical wisdoms that even atheists should know. So lay em out, I'm curious

Bas

• JH
    JH

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

• Bas
    Bas

hmm, that's a pretty good one JH...very famous too, in fact I think it was around before the bible was written and that it is common knowledge throughout the world, but it is a good one, tnx!

Bas

• Golf
    Golf

Here's a few, the entire chapter twelve of Romans.

Eccl.7:21,22, "Also, do not give give heart to all the words that people may speak, that you may not hear your servant calling down evil upon you. For your own heart well knows even many times that you, even you, have called down evil upon others."

Romans 2:21, "...do you, however, the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself?"

There's others but this will suffice.

Golf

• myelaine
    myelaine

Bas,

And Jacob gave Esau bread and stew of lentils; then he ate and drank, arose, and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright.

Genesis 25:34

michelle

• jula71
    jula71

Pro.12:22- "false lips are something detestable to Jehovah"

Wait a minute...607, 1914, 1918, 1975.....hmmmmmm

• Golf
    Golf

jula74, good one, thanks for the laugh!

Golf

• Bas
    Bas

hmmm, michelle, what should I make about the Jacob & Esau passage? Seems like a line from a story to me..

Bas

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

proverbs 14:15 :A simple man believes anything,

but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Bas,

It is easy to overlook blessings if all you seek is self gratifcation.

michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit