JW Reaction to Pope's death

by Hondo 19 Replies latest social current

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Jw's view Catholics as part of the harot of Revelation. They will most likely quietly rejoice about his death.

There will certainly be no special mention of it in the congregations unless it is mentioned in the Watchtower, which is doubtful. And no elder would ever dream of mentioning a specific individual in his prayers from the platform [unless he were perhaps a prominent witness]. They would never pray for a religious leader dead or alive. I rarely heard anyone pray for anyone at all specifically except at funerals, and they never pray for the dead person, sometimes in a generic way for the family still living.

Jeff

• Poztate
    Poztate
    As others have said here, JWs are the religion that shoots it's wounded.

How do you think they feel about a perceived enemy?

Hey Buster...You said it all...Compassion..... BS

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well since true christians are supposed toshow love and compassion I think JWs would be sad that a great man has died and be sympathetic to the 1 billion or so people worldwide who owe their alliegiance to him

• Jez
    Jez

Loosie: Thanks for sharing this. I never thought of that before....so true!

Animals do pay respect to dead animals. Elephants mourn other dead elephants. As a group they stand around the bones and use there trunks to feel each bone of the elephant. Orca whales will beach their dead mate even if it means pushing the body for miles to get to the beach. And when one pet rat dies the others will die within weeks of the first one. Animals mourn. people mourn. Sorry to get off topic. But lets do a little research before we give a public talk.
  • Big Dog
    Big Dog

You know it is just amazing, do you think that dubs feel that their total denial of the world around them for the most part somehow makes them more holy? Being no part of the world and being in your own little world are two different things.

• Jez
    Jez

BigDog: I so agree with your above posting.

Jez

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Reminds me of a T-Shirt I saw the other day, to paraphrase, "The WBTS, where the weak will be killed and eaten."

• Jez
    Jez

"Lack of natural affection" Hmmmm...don't they apply that to worldly people.....but I am thinkin that it is THEM who is fullfilling bible prophesy.

Jez

• integ
    integ

The pope was just a man...appointed by other men. I hear that he was a good man. But I don't believe he deserves any more respect than the gentlemen who was begging me for some change on the street the other day. And if the pope was really the great man they say he was....he wouldn't either. The GB are equally undeserving of special respect.

Integ.

• talesin
    talesin
    The pope was just a man...appointed by other men. I hear that he was a good man. But I don't believe he deserves any more respect than the gentlemen who was begging me for some change on the street the other day. And if the pope was really the great man they say he was....he wouldn't either. The GB are equally undeserving of special respect.

integ,

That is, almost word for word, what I told my parents at lunch today. Including the part about the GB. They said it is so wrong for a MAN to claim to speak for G*d.

So, I asked, the FDS & GB are J*h's channel for guidance and instruction, how are they any different? ,,, etc. etc. They were speechless. It was my first apostate statement and I was askeered, but I think they took it well.

t

*proud she spoke up for once* class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit