JWs mentioned on MSNBC commentary

by JustTickledPink 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7289351/

MSNBC online has an article written by Arthur Caplan, Ph.D. It's pretty good actually, page 2 he writes,

And yes, we heard from the Vatican about its thoughts concerning Schiavo. But where are the Christian Scientists, the Jehovah?s Witnesses and the fundamentalist Protestants who turn to prayer to express their views on the right to refuse any and all medical care including a feeding tube? And what are the views of the Lutheran Church, the United Church of Christ, reform Jews, Congregationalists, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists, Unitarians, Presbyterians, and Episcopalians on the right to refuse treatment including feeding tubes? These groups owe it to us to end their silence and to weigh in with their thinking.
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    These groups owe it to us to end their silence and to weigh in with their thinking

"Thinking"? Sorry, fresh out.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I think he has a valid point though. They go knocking on doors, they want to spread their message, why don't they get up on the press conference stage and use this as a "witness" then everyone can know their wacko stanse on medical issues.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

This is an interesting point, and one that I have heard brought up by others.

Our society allows people to decline medical services for themselves, and in some cases, for their dependent children, based on religious preference. In my mind, the death of a child because the parents refused blood (JWs) or other medical procedures (Christian Scientists) is a far, far greater crime than any perceived differences of opinion in the Schaivo case.

JWs have gone to court to fight for their wacko religious rights on very similar issues. Where are they now?

• catchthis
    catchthis
    JWs have gone to court to fight for their wacko religious rights on very similar issues. Where are they now?

Because with over 90% of the press that JW's get, it turns out to be negative. Why should JR Brown take a chance to "give a witness" when there is a 90% chance that whatever he says will come right back and bite him[the WTS] in the ass? They are smart not to get involved.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Knowing about a JW's WTBTS-trained thinking, any JW would've choosen not to keep her living in her deplorable condition any longer than she had to.

I know her family is very stubborn about this and irresponsibly turned their personal feud and bitterness with Terri's husband into a public struggle, but I'm certain that in the privacy of their most inner thoughts they know is better this way, and this is the way it should've been done a long, long time ago.

Well, maybe is not really over in the sense that now many of them, including the husband, will benefit of the book and movie coming up.

DY

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    over 90% of the press that JW's get, it turns out to be negative.

When it comes to the blood issue, negative publicity is well over 90% - almost all is publicity is bad, but occasionally a piece is neutral.

As for the Shaivo case, these organizations are quiet because it is a no win situation. Anything they say will be used against them. However, their silence is hypocritical.

• jula71
    jula71

Well, my brother, a hard core Elder, said that the courts and Bush will have to answer to Jehovah for allowing her to die. I think they look at it like abortion, despite the two being unrelated.

Oh ya...and he said it's one more reason the end is almost here...

• battman
    battman

They tried to think............but nutting happened.

battman

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink
    Oh ya...and he said it's one more reason the end is almost here...

ok, I'll keep holding my breath.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit