You don't have to read this... Feedback Wanted

by Sparkplug 77 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

nvrgnbk~ probably because I don't have a clue where to start nor who to go to with it. lol perhaps not really confident.

Do yourself and posterity a favor, and get proactive about it. Try to lose the lack of confidence, easier said than done I know, but you're being told by many sincere people that you have a special talent. Run with it!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

nvrgnbk~ probably because I don't have a clue where to start nor who to go to with it. lol perhaps not really confident.

Do yourself and posterity a favor, and get proactive about it. Try to lose the lack of confidence, easier said than done I know, but you're being told by many sincere people that you have a special talent. Run with it!

Today...I say Ok. Just that. OK I will. Watch!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm proud of you!

You will succeed!

• jgnat
    jgnat

How did I miss this the first time? Great story, thanks.

Crazy mama (mine's not as crazy as yours thank God), the poverty (my son's dumpster diving stories can match yours), the health food jags (I swear I didn't go so hog-wild as your mom), schoolyard bullies (I've had my share)...and I can relate most to the bad hair days!

My beautiful Naomi confided to me the other day she wished she had straight hair. I confided I'd always wanted curly. "It's not as easy as it looks," she told me with all the wisdom of a six-year-old, "There's a lot of pulling." I've often complained to my daughter that if a woman is to have a mixed race child, the least she should do is learn how to take care of the poor thing's hair. It burns me no end to see these lovely mixed-race children with brittle, bleached nappy hair. There's no reason, no reason at all that mother shouldn't get herself educated. Maybe I took my rants too far. Naomi was not three months old when my daughter tossed the Johnson's baby shampoo and marched in to a beauty salon and demanded the best conditioner they had. My daughter has books for curly hair. Armed with her concoction of lavendar water, and she fusses, parts, and ties up Naomi's hair, fingering the luxurious curls in to obedient ringlets. Naomi is then under strict instructions "Not to touch it." No-one is going to accuse Naomi of having frizzy, nappy hair.

Publishing is scary for two reasons. You have to brace yourself for a lot of rejection. And you expose your self to the world. Not everyone will "get" you.

That said, this writing needs to get a wider audience.

http://www.wga.org/

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

BTT for a friend who wanted to read it. Anyhow, please forgive all the format errors. They jump at me now.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

OMG! that is way too much to read and enjoy.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Funny Cheetos. I like how you worded that.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hey Decki--First thing I noticed was your little riff about your birthday. . .you will note I am exactly 4 years older than you:) All these years admiring you and thinking you were so cool, and to find out I didn't grasp at that commonality blows my mind.

I had no idea of all that you shared as being your life. You have always provided fascinating glimpses. . . I just thought you were born gorgeous - and you probably were-but having a bad hairdo can really undermine your self confidence (me of big head and pixie haircut at the age of 5. NOT a good look for me). I can't wait to read more. . .

Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit