I made my own emblems and got my own wine...

by PinTail 11 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

We also had our own memorial at home. What was interesting was that ours went well over an hour and it seemed like a few minutes. I remember in the hall, it was 45 minutes and it seemed like hours.

And yes it was the most spiritual experience of my life. Am very sad that I was denied that for my previous sixty years because I accepted the directions WBTS.

yesidid

• Inkie
    Inkie

Hi Shane,

It's good to hear this wonderful news. I totally understand what you described. There's nothing quite like having the Lord come into your home and grant you "his" peace, just as he said he would. Indeed, this was and is a truly communion meal. You asked a question about how often to do it. That struck a cord with me too when I first started eating and drinking. The Lord said that the bread was his flesh and the wine his blood and he said to eat and drink. I remember reading in McClintock and Strong's (an encyclopedia the Society has often quoted from, and misquoted, if you get my drift) that the early disciples did way more often than once a year. Don't get me wrong. If once a year is all you're going to do (because of your upbringing or teaching), I'm sure the Lord will be pleased. I am reminded of Jesus saying that he was the manna that come down from heaven. Well . . . how often did the Israelites eat the manna? Once a day, or often in a given day? And how often did they drink from the rock? As often as they were thirsty, right? Seems to me, you can eat and drink "often." But . . . that is for you truly to decide for yourself. Decide with your heart and your mind in sync asking the Lord to be present. I'm sure he will be. Anyway, blessings upon you and your family.

Inkie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit