Best Advice I NEVER Heeded....

by BoozeRunner 4 Replies latest jw friends

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Having been "born" into the WTS, my dad, of course, tried to get me to focus on a "future" in the BORG.
    When I was choosing a high school to attend, I settled on the New York School of Printing, mainly because I had a few JW friends who were attending, and we grew up together.
    When I made this choice, my dad suggested that if I wanted to learn about printing, I should set Bethel as my goal after school.
    I remember his words clearly, "you will learn all you need to know about printing @ Bethel", implying that the WTS were the REAL experts.
    How HAPPY I am that I never heeded that advice. As I see it, I would have learned how to print propaganda and live @ slave wages.
    Dont get me wrong, I DO print propaganda, but I make a pretty good living at it. Everyone who prints is trying to sell somethng, LoL, but why should I live as a pauper selling someone else's crap.

So, any examples of WTS career "advice" that you didn't heed, even while a faithful BORG drone?

Boozy

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

BoozeRunner,

Who can imagine printing crap? It must be a messy job.

• Gopher
    Gopher

When getting close to high school graduation, I was considering trade school. The circuit overseer & his wife advised me "put first the Kingdom". If you read between the lines, that would mean pioneer now and think about a career later. (This was back in 1979.)

I went to computer programming school, and have made a nice living as a professional programmer the last 21 years.

GopherEven if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    Will Rogers (1879-1935)

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Fred, like I said, much of printing is SOME kind of advertisement for products or services, thats why i say its largely propaganda.
    Besides, the AFAKE and SCRAPTOWER mags are the leading candidates for the wholesale slaughter of innocent trees.

Boozy

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Gopher...touche!!!
    Wise decison.

Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit