Anyone Feel Guilty For Not Going To The Memorial or For Going This Year?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Baddddd apostates!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

<------

Hey Tony - are we brothers? I see a family resemblence here!!!

Jeff

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Third year not going...makes me feel like this....

Cathy L.

• blondie
    blondie

If you feel guilty, is it because you still believe? If so, do you realize that you can honor Jesus' sacrifice at home with a friend or two, pray, have the emblems, read the account aloud. Where 2 or more of you are gathered, there I am, said Jesus.

The KH is not a talisman, only a building, like any other.

Just an idea.

Love, Blondie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    I have NO guilt for not attending for 2 years in a row.

Same with me - this is two years guilt free.

• KittyLiquor
    KittyLiquor

It's been 10 years of me not attending and I don't feel guilty at all.....mostly because of the witch hunt they did to me after I confessed to a sin....which ended up in my d'fing.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Realizing I won't be going for the first time is very strange. I think I'm gonna go out for beer and wings.

GBL

• minimus
    minimus

I know of more than a few that out of guilt went to the Memorial, started attending meetings confessed to the elders that they had sinned while out and subsequently had to go before the firing squad (the judicial commitee) to "be dealt" with.....Suckers.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I still don't know if I am going tonight as we speak. If I don't go this will be the first time. I always felt stupid sitting there and passing the glass of wine and the plate. It really makes no sense - like inviting people over your house and telling them to watch you eat - but they can't have any.

LHG

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

This will be my first time not attending the memorial. Suprisingly, I do not feel guilty at all about not being there. I do feel a little sad about hurting my family, but I'm tired of going just to please them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit