Is hemoglobin now a conscience matter?

by ithinkisee 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

According to the AJWBR.ORG website, it says

"June 15th 2004: The June 15th Watchtower expands on the June 15, 2000 article. For the first time, the rank and file Jehovah's Witness learns that the single largest blood component (hemoglobin) is now permitted as a matter of personal choice. Hemoglobin is an actual live tissue ? the same as any organ in your body. (Circuit Overseers and elders had known this for four years already, and still no announcement has ever been made to regular publishers that they would not get disfellowshipped.)."

Yet in that entire article there is NO mention of hemoglobin whatsoever.

The reason I ask is that the subject came up with someone and I mentioned that hemoglobin was now allowed according to that June 15th 2004 Watchtower. This person pulled the Watchtower and we both looked and there was no mention of hemoglobin.

Can anyone explain why they mention hemoglobin is now a conscience when it actually isn't specifically mentioned in any article?

-ithinkisee

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hemoglobin is a fraction of red blood cells. Fractions are conscience matters.

• blondie
    blondie

That means you can take a hemoglobin-based product such as Polyheme which is made out of outdated stored blood.

Storing blood whether it is yours or someone else's is not a "conscience" matter according to the WTS.

w00 10/15 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers ***
    Occasionally, a doctor will urge a patient to deposit his own blood weeks before surgery (preoperative autologous blood donation, or PAD) so that if the need arises, he could transfuse the patient with his own stored blood. However, such collecting, storing, and transfusing of blood directly contradicts what is said in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Blood is not to be stored; it is to be poured out?returned to God, as it were. Granted, the Mosaic Law is not in force now. Nevertheless, Jehovah?s Witnesses respect the principles God included in it, and they are determined to ?abstain from blood.? Hence, we do not donate blood, nor do we store for transfusion our blood that should be ?poured out.? That practice conflicts with God?s law.

http://www.northfieldlabs.com/background.html

Is manufactured from human blood
    Northfield has always used human blood as its starting material, believing this is the most desirable starting material. PolyHeme® is derived by lysing the red blood cells in outdated human blood and extracting the tetrameric hemoglobin protein which carries oxygen from inside. Northfield?s unique proprietary technology involves a chemical modification to the native hemoglobin that results in a polymerized hemoglobin molecule.
    Blondie
  • Scully
    Scully

Is there a difference between the original magazine, the bound volume and/or the CD ROM?

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I have the original magazine from 2004. I don't believe there is a bound volume or CDROM version yet.

-ithinkisee

• Scully
    Scully

By the way, every fractionated blood product is made from stored blood. Whenever I've administered a blood product to a patient it arrives to the ward in powdered form and has to be reconstituted. They often have a 3 - 5 year shelf life that way.

Love, Scully

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

They mention every other fraction in that article but there is no mention of hemoglobin. The word hemoglobin does not exist in that article.

-ithinkisee

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.pennhealth.com/health_info/bloodless/blood_jchart.html

There is a chart in the 2004 issue that resembles this one below. Note that hemoglobin is listed under red cell fractions

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Doh! OK. Thanks. I must have panicked and not read it.

This was an interesting discussion I had with the person I spoke with. I will discuss later in Private Discussion list.

Thanks,

-ithinkisee

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Blondie that chart from the 6/04 WT is so aggravating. I mean how stupid can you be to look at that and not see the obvious contradiction???

To build on one of the WT illustrations they reason would it be good for an alcoholic to not drink alcohol but accept it into his veins thru IV. How about this question: What if the ethyl alcohol were extracted as a fraction, could he then ingest that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit