Is this site only for x-jws???

by silver252525 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Zero
    Zero

Silver:

I asume that you are aware that they use the BIBLE as an authoritative guidance.

So they claim.
    So what is the BIBLE definition of an apostate?

• silver252525
    silver252525

hi Gsark,

Nope! I am not afraid to talk to any 'exs' as can see I am a member here:) Thanks for your politeness.

We will have our DC in August (Guyana)-which I am looking forward to.

Even though I agree that some ex-jw's know their Bibles and JW history better than JW's, I would like to say not all JWs are clueless.

to Zero,

2 Pet. 2:1, 3 Shows that false teachers will abound. Bringing in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them.
    Isa. 32:6 ...the senseless ones will speak mare senselessness...
    Acts 20:30...men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away deciples after them selves. 2 Thessalonians 2:3...let no man seduce you... -Heb:312-lack of faith; Heb.10:32-39-abandoment of right morals; heeding counterfeit words-2Pet2:1-3; 1Ti.4:1-3;2Ti.2:16-19; trying to be declared righteous by means of law-Ga5:2-4

• logical
    logical
    2 Pet. 2:1, 3 Shows that false teachers will abound. Bringing in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them.

I think the WTS can fit in that category...

Just WHAT have the pyramids got to do with things? Just HOW poisonous is aluminium? Just WHAT constellation does your god live in?

Acts 20:30...men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away deciples after them selves.

The SECOND BAPTISM VOW is proof that the WTS are masters at the above scripture

2 Thessalonians 2:3...let no man seduce you...

Yet the JW's seduce people, they go to them with their man-made interpretations and use those to draw people into their fold

heeding counterfeit words-2Pet2:1-3; 1Ti.4:1-3;2Ti.2:16-19;

Keep that scripture in mind when you go to the Kingdom Hall next, and ask yourself, how GENUINE are the words that are uttered from the speakers mouth?

trying to be declared righteous by means of law-Ga5:2-4

The WTS has put you all BACK UNDER THE LAW! Revelation 13:15

The WTS has been misleading you. Revelation 13 is not about political powers, like the WTS want you to think, but its about RELIGIONS. Can you guess which religion recieved the death stroke? Think back to circa. 70CE.

Maybe someone else who knows what they are talking about can take over here before I mess things up.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Dear Silver:
    You pose an interesting question and in so doing point out a very interesting situation. Why indeed do faithful JW's not abound on a site that is challenging "THE TRUTH"?
    Why is there no hesitancy to 'defend' 'the truth' before anyone except one who was once a witness?
    Why do people who simply ask certain questions suddenly treated as if they have some terrible plague?
    This site is open to JW's as well as those who take issue with them. I for one would enjoy discussing some of the issues that have been raised here and elsewhere with someone who is sincere about their faith and feels that it is capable of being defended intelligently.
    I would like to be shown that that I am wrong about the organization that I devoted the better part of my life to. I would like to believe all the promises that I was made. Do you know a witness that would be willing to do this?

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• JAVA
    JAVA

Hi silver252525, and welcome to the list. Frenchy and others addressed some reasons why many JWs are not here. I hope you stay and contribute to the forum. I also wish more JWs would join in, but that doesn't typically happen. Unlike most of the JW forums, you can be totally honest here without getting kicked off the list.

--JAVA
    counting time at the Coffee Shop

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Hi Silver,
    I am a baptized JW and I visit this forum and other exJW sites to research the religion I have been involved with all of my life.
    My advice would be for you to keep researching-the WTBTS has alot of skeletons in the closet that they don't tell you about.
    It is shocking. The Proclaimers book definitely does NOT tell you everything about JW history. It only tells you what the WTBTS feels you need to know--to maintain their pristine appearance.

• Zero
    Zero

Silver:

to Zero,

Acts 20:30...men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away deciples after them selves. 2 Thessalonians 2:3...let no man seduce you... -Heb:312-lack of faith; Heb.10:32-39-abandoment of right morals; heeding counterfeit words-2Pet2:1-3; 1Ti.4:1-3;2Ti.2:16-19; trying to be declared righteous by means of law-Ga5:2-4

Having been associated with the Witnesses, I am aware of these scripture texts, and even more. But where does it define these as "apostates". These scriptures do NOT apply ONLY TO FORMER JEWS (or former adherents), they apply toward EVERYONE outside of the belief. By the scriptures you cite, everyone not a Jehovah's Witness might be an "apostate". So why do Jehovah's Witnesses apply the term "apostate" only to former JWs. You say their definition is based on the BIBLE not the dictionary, but you have not cited any scripture to support their private definition of "apostate".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit