almost done with college, what next?

by jwbot 22 Replies latest jw friends

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

How about using your education to support yourself in order to enjoy the privilege of full-time service?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Yeah, I'm with TATT. No point dawdling away the remaining days or weeks of this old system planning for retirement or enjoying yourself -- pioneer, girl!

But if you're not going to do that...

I've found that you get a job and start working and sort of shift around to find your niche. Make moves that put you closer to that "dream job", but don't bother looking for it in the paper -- it's not there. You sort of carve your dream job out of the job you're in. People see you, appreciate your talents, and ask to please take advantage of them in exchange for a paycheck.

Good luck. Good things come to those who wait make them happen.

Dave

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Get yourself a house in the shade of the freeway and get busy living that paint-by-numbers dream! College education behind you, a husband ahead... you're 3/4 of the way there already. A job and 1.4 kids and you'll be ready to die early and satisfied, knowing you've done what you're supposed to do, baby!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Live, live, live

• jwbot
    jwbot

Sixofnine, I resent that. :(

Besides your picture of the satisfying life...does not sound so satisfying. You won't find me on valium any time soon.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I'll be graduating in 2008 with a BA too. All I can say is research grad school if you want to do more learning.

I'm not too sure what a New Media major is, but why don't you be proactive and start talking with the editor/producers of media companies that you wish to work for?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    :Sixofnine, I resent that. :(

Hey, it's not my fault; I've been listening to Jackson Brown.

Seriously, whatever most people do?.....do the opposite (but don't be dramatic about it; make it a reasoned philosphy and a starting point, with not a trace of rebellion against anything but unhappiness).

• IronGland
    IronGland

Work, Sleep, Sex,Intoxication, Old Age and then the sweet sweet release of Death for all eternity.

• Mary
    Mary

How about using your education to support yourself in order to enjoy the privilege of full-time service?

I agree.......I mean come on, this ol' system of tings can't possibly last much longer. Think of all the work you'll have the other side of Armageddon when Jehovah's killed off all the competition!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I just finished my own schooling too, and I'm kinda listless at the moment...trying to figure out what I want to do where I'm gonna go.

Best of luck jwbot, I know you'll shine whatever you'll do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit