Recording Time For Preaching

by homme perdu 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• homme perdu
    homme perdu

Can time be counted if one is not distributing literature?

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Back when I was in you could (1998) through informal witnessing especially. You could count time for 'placing a conversation' as one overseer put it (lol). Oh yes, witness to everyone you come in contact with ... that may be their only opportunity to come into the troof ... strike up a conversation in line at the grocery store, with the person sitting next to you on a bus/plain/train, at the doctors office ... and the 'BLOODGUILT' trips they put on us stressed me out to the MAX. I was so nervous that I would miss somebody and die at Armageddon because I didn't have the courgage to speak up on every occasion.

No wonder I burned out - it takes entirely too much to please the men in CROOKLYN.

• Jahna
    Jahna

Informal witnessing is still alive and well. Your supposed ?spread the good news? at every opportunity. Of course, a prepared witness always has at least a small tract on hand for placement (hopefully you have more btw). They slip easily in your pocket, purse, diaper bag, car, brief case, shoe, behind your ear...... you get the picture.

As a pioneer I used to count everything to do with ?the good news?. You know how many hours you can rack up debating with people on the internet! Heck even writing to a board like this is hours to count.

Jahna

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Good becuase its near the end of February and I only have 84 hours of time on JWD this month so far...

Yes you can count time without make placements. In fact you can count time without talking to anyone. Ask any JW who does rural territory:

Drive to territory = 20 minutes.

No one home, sit in car for five minutes while looking for address = 10 minutes.

Drive to next house = 15 minutes, etc.

Even in urban territory it is uncommon to spend more then 5 minutes actually witnessing in conversation for a whole morning of door-to-door.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

My wife gets mad because I always link up with someone before the meeting for service that is cool and has a tendancy to like to go out for breakfast or with someone that has lots of return visits so I don't have to go door-to-door.

-ithinkisee

• abbagail
    abbagail

Die laughing at ezekiel3's breakdown of the time elements. Too funny!
    /ag

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I would start counting time when I started just thinking about going out in service. I hated it so much I figured that was the only way to fight back at this evil and abusive type of slavery. Good riddance.

Cathy L.

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

I would just lie about it ....

and surprisingly, I felt very little guilt in that respect. i auxiliary pioneered as a teenager. i basically did it to make my mom happy. but all the while i was secretly engaged in all sorts of forbidden behavior associated with the "bloom of youth". all my witness cohorts were too.

so i fudged the time slip ... and basked in the accolades.

what a good little JW i was.

taylorS

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Amazingly enough time can be counted while lying in bed with the PO's daughter! Or even while thinking about lying in bed with said daughter!!!

Yup I lied constantly! At first that bothered me a bit (like back when I was 12) then I realized it didnt' matter! I think that the poor guy who was assigned to call and ask always added a few hours too! I saw my pub record card one time and was amazed at the hours I was getting while never going in service! More even that the fudge time that I was giving!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I would count time when I was with my friends. Going to a movie was a Book Study!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit