How can I find out what my standing in the Org is?

by lv4fer 13 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

They did not have to make a public announcement: Remember this; Telephone, telegraph,tell a witness. Your shunning came about via gossip.

Enjoy

Dan ( the class of DAed from Clearlake,Ca. )

• fairchild
    fairchild
    I talked to the PO and he said no announcement was ever made. He said the reason people shun me is that they talk amoung themselves.

Yup, I've seen that happening before. Some people getting shunned, not because they are DF'ed per se, but because they are generally considered 'bad association'.

• mustang
    mustang

"He said the reason people shun me is that they talk among themselves. "

"My husbands cousin, who is in elder in another congregation, inferred to my dad that we were disfellowshipped. "

"Remember this; Telephone, telegraph, tell a witness. Your shunning came about via gossip."

Ur, uhm? all of the above. Sadly, the major form of entertainment in the Dub-dom is gossip!!!!

There is the "official" side; I?ve seen his before. ?No, we never announced anything.."; and this is likely honest and said with sincerity, if the conversation has gone this far.

But? the UNOFFICIAL side will have you everywhere between really dead, DF?d or DA?d to having joined a church or even perhaps to have become a PREACHER of some other denomination!!!!

Who knows? Not even the local sERVANT?s; unfortunately, the UNOFFICIAL side has a life of its own

Mustang

• IT Support
    IT Support

This is the official WT policy:

If the sinful conduct is known only to believing family members and no congregation action is taken because of the factors outlined above, believing relatives will likely determine to curtail family association severely, viewing the relative as bad association. (1 Cor. 15 :33)

("Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock" Unit 5 (a) pp. 99-100)

So even if someone is not d/f or d/a, they can still be 'informally' shunned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit