Hello

by sweet tee 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

I really like this:

while they sat on the sofa reading the guilt trip scriptures ... thou shalt not forsake meetings at the KH ... Thou shalt turn in a regular field service report ... yadda yadda yadda. ... no brother, I don't need you to pray with me ... I don't need anything, I don't know if I'm coming to the meeting tomorrow or not. They left dumbfounded, stunned and not knowing what to say or do. Their voodoo didn't work on me anymore.

Voodoo is an excellent analogy. The elders have complete faith in their conversion formula. When it doesn't work, they have nothing to say. This confirms for me that there is no interest in the individual, no interest in what real people have to say. That is too bad, because listening to real people could fix a lot of wrong in the Watchtower.

• Will Power
    Will Power

I liked that too Jgnat. Welcome Sweet Tee.

I think this is funny:

before she wastes too many more years on that loser ? I felt like I was the husband and he was the WIFE (thus the term wasband ;-)

hahahah

Glad you're here

will.

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.
    I slowly began to awaken from my spiritual sleep when the King of the North prophecy was revised. I was stunned to say the least. Then, college education was OK (as long as you were going to be a pioneer - how stupid is that!), then - OMG - What the hell was that 'generation' twist all about??? I didn't even try to swallow that one. That was it for me.

first off ... welcome sweet tee

and congrats on going over the wall. escape is good ... and fortunately, they don't put up any WANTED posters.

i've been gone for twenty years ... but my mom keeps 'placing' all the literature with me (i thank her kindly, then put it in the trash) ... still, I don't know about this discrepancy in dub rhetoric. and what 'generation twist'?

do tell.

taylorS

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What a cool first post Sweet Tee - I loved it! Welcome to the board.

Josie

P.S. Like your pic too

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Sweet Tee

Enjoyed hearing about your experience...........I have to agree, when they came out about college being ok, and ONLY if you are a pioneer, that made me mad too!!!

Glad to hear your life is much better and YOU have control of it. Have you read Steve Hassan's books? If you haven't...I highly recommend them both.

hugs,

CodeBlue

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Welcome! I have been on this forum registered for about a month, but I am still feeling the initial comfort of knowing I am not alone in realizing the WT bullsh*t by this site and others on the net.

It's nice isn't it?

-ithinkisee

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Howdy! Nothing feels as good as being away from that rock that was tied around your neck. Betcha can fly now!!

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Thanks so much for all the kind words. It's taken a year or so for me to finally come out here with you all ... but now that I'm here I'll definately hang around.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome Sweet Tee, nice to meet ya!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit