Negra Modelo

by IP_SEC 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

So I trys this new beer tonight, its called Negro Modelo. I'm not normally much of a Mexican import drinker. Mostly like English and German imports (US majors dont make beer worth a crap, micros are pretty good)

Anyhow, Negro Modelo, dark, plenty o hopps taste, kinda nutty.

IPSec (drunken elder class)

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Its definately good stuff! Dos XX is also a very good Mexican import. I cant stand Corona though.. tastes like piss water.

Kansas District Overbeer

• FMZ
    FMZ

Try and find some Fosters at your local Walmart store... good strong taste, can't be mistaken for piss! It's imported from Aussieland. Also, Newcastle Brown AKA Newky Brown from the UK ... damn good stuff.

FMZ

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Agreed on the dosxx, I do like the amber.

Also on fosters, but then i hasa special affinity for that one.

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

That was one of the brands i sold up in San Fran ---The best Mexican Beer

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I've been partial to Budweiser for many years, but the Negra Modelo is pretty good stuff. And every now & then I have to grab a six pack of JW Dundee's Honey Brown.

• G Money
    G Money

Why not try a Sol... michelada???

Best hangover cure, my ex girlfriend from Chiapas taught me that one.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Kev's fav beer S of the Border is Pacifico. Made by the Modelo Group, which includes Corona. He likes Modelo Negro for a Mexican dark but sez it's a little thin for his taste in dark beer.

He likes Descutes Brewery Black Butte Porter, and Obsidian Stout for dark beers. Both are flavorful and the stout is very full bodied.

Me? I don't drink ;)

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

Hands down "Bohemia"...It is the best beer that Mexico has to offer. Im very partial however to XX amber. Also "indio" is not bad at all. Then again "montero" is a good beer as well. But please, whatever you do stay away from "victoria". That beer, if I can call it that, is just crappy. Oh, and I almost forgot, "carta blanca", that is also a damn good beer. And if you ever have the chance, i think its the makes of negra modelo, come out with a special beer for christmas, its called "noche buena", it makes me look forward to December!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am not a beer girl I like Whiskey too much!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit