Understanding why people leave

by Qcmbr 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Hi PC - never read it - I guess it is about LDS dodgy history, polygamy etc..?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Hi QCMBR

Interesting post you've made. My P.A is LDS at work, and we often have chats and "compare" our faiths/beliefs. I'm inactive as a JW (else I probably wouldn't be here!) but still hold on to alot of the teachings, she on the other hand is very devout. Not long ago she said to me how strange it was that we got along so well as she was always lead to believe that JWs were in some way "rivals" to Mormons (and vice-versa) and didn't like each other........I told her I'd never heard that one before. So it was interesting that you read this site as a sort of "one in the eye" for the JWs as you said.

Is that how you've always felt about the Witnesses?

Just interested to know.

Oh and welcome btw!

Scoob

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Um, dude I think he's still a morman..

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Rivalry between the JWs and LDS .. almost feel that should be a different topic hehe. When I was a missionary we used to try and knock on the doors of streets just ahead of JWs just to get one over. If people thought we were JW when we talked on the doorstep we always made some smart alec comment like- 'Do we look that unhappy?' Yea - no love lost there. Silly really. I always had this dream that somehow all the JWs would see the light , joins 'us' and we'd all be one happy family. Of course once I got over myself I started to look at everyone as equal...still I can't quite get over the buzz I get when I duel on the doorstep with a JW or two (OK I know I shouldnt but I'm not perfect).

• jaredg
    jaredg

in that respect we are similar b/c i get a buzz from debating w/ JWs too....hehehehe

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:If people thought we were JW when we talked on the doorstep we always made some smart alec comment like- 'Do we look that unhappy?'

LMFAO!!! Ahh man thats too funny. Are you guys allowed to read any material critical of the mormans? JW's arent allowed to of their religion.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Are we allowed to read critical stuff? - of course the Church doesn't recommend it but it also says we have to be as educated as our circumstances and personal preferences dictate i.e get a degree or two, read everything you can (though with a guidance to search out knowledge from the best books the world has - read that any which way you want!) I certainly have been on every anti LDS site I can find, read all our past history from anti - pro sides and so on. The church does publish its own history but in general they don't hide much - (they do gloss over some though - the really juicy stuff:) When I was a missionary I read the red JW book and doodled on the picture with the lion, the boy and the beach ball (or is that one of my wierd dreams?) , I've read most of the Koran, the Tao Ching but I haven't yet read Harry potter and the Philosophers Stone - way too apostate:)

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

well "Q" You sound like someone I'd love to have a beer and a good chat with, thrash out some points! I'd give you a run for your money.

And Harry Potter...... you should try it.... films and the books.

Dumbledore Scoob

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Is it true that you guys think that if you are really good here on Earth, when you die you get to rule over your own planet?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well welcome !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit