Memorial Date 2005?

by deceit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• deceit
    deceit

Could someone please tell me when the date for the memorial will be this year?

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Thursday March 24th

• deceit
    deceit

Thanks Inquiry Man, how sure are you? (I always thought they were in April)

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

I'll backup the date.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Thanks Inquiry Man, how sure are you? (I always thought they were in April)

No, it's like Easter. It moves around. I think it's the first full moon after the vernal equinox, or something like that. Can be anywhere from late March to late April

• jwsons
    jwsons

Yep, It's always on the closest fullmoon AFTER 21 March (equinox day). This fomular apply for any year. Remember for your information book. jwsons

• 1Peter318
    1Peter318

If it is the first full moon after the equinox then it would be March 25 in 2005.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.html

The time of the full moon is 20:58 (8:58p) UT. That would be 15:58 (3:58p) EST.

Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox.

The Equinoxes are at http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/EarthSeasons.html.

Again, hours and minutes are Universal Time; therefore, if the hour < 5 then the date

is one day earlier in The United States.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    Thursday March 24th

That's the one. After sundown.

• jwsons
    jwsons

The Borg take the day before fullmoon day Thursday March 24 because it is Thursday, most of KH in all over the world have meeting that day. However, according to the Bible, it should be on Friday 25, They never care about the day or time, only convenient and money (some KH are rent, extra day renting , extra electrical spending etc...).
    I confirm: As mention in the March Kingdom Ministry page 3

:"The Memorial will be held on Thursday , March 24, 2005. If your congregation normally has meetings on Thursday, these are to be switch to another day of the week if the Kingdom Hall is available. If this is not possible and your Service meeting is affected, the parts that are particularly applicable to your congregation may be incorporated into another Service Meeting."

Hey, make sure this year, we have to ask Randy, Simon, Skully, Amazing, HawkHawk to go to the BBQ so they won't go to the Kingdumb Hall to take the emblem. Otherwise, it will happen again "have 5 extra 'annointed ones' like last year annual record (as showed on the yearbook and annual record of Watchtower Feb. 2005, increased 5 extra "annointed ones"!) Make sure all newbies stay home, so the extra number won't increase over-limited. HaHaHa!!!!

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Am not sure I understand, as this....

However, according to the Bible, it should be on Friday 25, They never care about the day or time, only convenient and money (some KH are rent, extra day renting , extra electrical spending etc...).

.contradicts this...

If your congregation normally has meetings on Thursday, these are to be switch to another day of the week
    ...so, the way I read it, they won't lose out either way...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit