The left behind series,a fresh look at 144,000?

by ko38 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ko38
    ko38

The left behind series of books I have found to be a great read.These are written by Dr.Tim LaHaye and JerryB.Jenkins.They are fiction to the point that they have characters and fictional situations.However I cannot help but feel that theyre discription and interpretation of Revelation and the 144,000 may be correct.

In their series they feature a rapture of all the faithful saints before any of the other signs(horsemen)start.The writing is fantastic and filled with action and drama.

There are 12 books in the series,all guaranteed to be the best fiction an ex jw could ask for.However, they showcase the 144,000 as being the orthadox jews that convert to christ after the great tribulation has already begun.This was achieved by first 2 witnesses sent by Christ to preach at the wailing wall in Israel.These 2 spread a message that sounds true in the hearts of hundreds and thousands of orthadox jews that come to listen to them as they are able to kill would be snipers and those trying to do them harm with just a look or fire from their mouths.

Is it possible to believe that the 144,000 will be chosen after the beginning of the start of the end?I for one see it as possible.Anyway these books are a must read for those who want to relax and enjoy a good story.If they do not make you think then you are an athiest.They discribe (fiction) the anti christ and a group of charachters that know his identity when the rest of the population are unaware.

Anyone who has read the series as well please comment on your feelings of 144,000,and if you thought it was a very good read.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Is it possible to believe that the 144,000 will be chosen after the beginning of the start of the end?

Apparently. It seems to be possible for some people to believe anything.

If they do not make you think then you are an athiest.

Heh! There's irony for you.

• Mary
    Mary

I don't think anything in the book of Revelation has any relavance for us today. When John wrote this book, he was probably mentally and physically exhausted from being persecuted, and like all Christians/Jews back then, they wanted to see the destruction of the Roman Empire. Much of what he wrote in Revelation, like the wild beast, the city surrounded by 7 mountains, the number 666 all were directed at Rome and no one else.

Plus, someone else pointed out on another post (I think it was Funky Derek) that there are magic mushrooms growing on Patmos where John was.......back then, they did not understand the chemical nature of stuff like this, so he could have eaten them, had all these bizarre hallucinations about mountains on fire, beasts coming out of the sea, a "New Jerusalem" located 2 miles outside the earth's atmosphere, etc, and he would have attributed these visions along with the sense of euphoria they can produce, to God.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Revelations is great fiction so it makes sense that the book would be entertaining. I haven't read it but did see the movie. It was pretty good.

• glitter
    glitter

The first "Left Behind" book is laugh-out-loud funny - it's hard to believe it's not a parody.

Appallingly written, ridiculously idiotic characters and stupid ideas: give you a clue, it all kicks off because *Ethiopia* nuke Israel after an Israeli scientist develops a method of growing plants in sand... making Israel the richest country on Earth... LOL!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I agree, I loved all the prophecy stuff coming true but Jenkins is a hack writer and used cheap heat stuff liberally in his writings. Just so overdone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit