Can You Spot A Jehovah's Witness???

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• G Money
    G Money

I was riding the bus a few months back to see my girlfriend that lived in downtown. I love people watching and was watching people get on the bus. Most older people (late 20's and up) that work and ride the bus have alot more mileage on them than say the younger people. The young ones are always nice looking. A lady boarded when we passed a tourist area and had a hotel uniform on (looked like a maid). I thought how pretty she looked and wasn't all that torn up for being maybe 30. I had a funny feeling like maybe she was a sister. She then sat in front of me and pulled out her Atalaya (Watchtower) and was studying it. I asked her if she was a witness and she said yes. She then asked if i was and said yes and asked if I had been to the hall. I hesitated and said I only live here part time and that the hall is by a plaza far away and I don't have a car. Fortunately few people have cars so she didn't offer me a ride.

This was out of the US before all of you Americans jump on me for my characterization of being late 20's and torn up. In certain countries people lead hard lives and age very fast!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have been outside with coworkers and they point out the door-to-door workers and
    joke with me about my friends over there. I look and sometimes, it's the Mormons.
    These guys are easy to tell apart from JW's while they are out in their ministry.

In the Summer, I simply look at everybody dressed in business attire with their children
    and their badges.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I think there are certain things that stand out. For example, my GF who was raised a JW, her non-JW hubby knows a lot of the crazy religion and one day he told her that he thought one of his work associates was either raised one or was an inactive one .... and he was right. How did he guess, well no "god bless you" after sneezes, no participation in holiday work stuff or after work stuff. How did they confirm it, my GF went to the Memorial at her local Hall and dragged hubby w/ her and guess who was there YUP work associate.

Same couple moved into a quiet neighborhood. The guy they bought the house from said "every one in this neighborhood is really nice and friendly expect for the couple across the street. They have lived there for 5 years and we have no clue who they are and then never socialize." My GF got the feeling that they were JWs ... and she was right. How did she know because she would see them dressed up w/ book bags on Sat and some times Sunday. Then one day she saw the big brown song book and the JW bible in the one chick's hands.

So there are things (albeit crazy) about JWs that stand out. You may not be able to track them by their clean cut ways, but you can certainly track them thru other means.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit