New songbook? ...It's about time.

by truth_about_the_truth 11 Replies latest social current

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

I saw this on another thread that there are rumours of a new songbook announced at the DC.

I hope they get rid of all those "heav'ns", "giv'n", "tho", "e'en", "vivacious", "efficacious" lyrics. With thise lyrics you can party like it's 1899.

Also, please get rid of that song that sounds like the Warner Bros. Bugs Bunny song. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Maybe they can get brotha Prince to help them out...they need all the help they can get.

What else about the kingdom songs makes your hair stand up straight and gives you a major case of the goosebumps?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

That songbook has to be the most annoying thing ever. Its like a book full of jingles. It lacks.... DIGNITY and CLASS. I suppose most JW events, buildings, and books lack those anyways.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I wanna puke everytime I hear Submitting to Theocratic Order. I cant even sing half of the song.

But now what about supernal? I hope they leave that word in.

Hows about Song 82 The Women are a Large Army

Our PO makes a joke everytime that the Large Women are an Army.

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

Oh yeah..I remember one more that needs to be put out of its misery:

That one song where you sing the first 2 verses a usual but on the third verse there's an extra line at the end where the note keeps getting higher and higher until the whole cong. is forced to screech like wild monkeys to hit that note.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Oh by the way, I think what is affectionatly known as the loony toons song is Be Joyful for the Kingdom Hope,

http://www.l-and-a.com.au/comm/addons/midi/song016.mid

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    It lacks.... DIGNITY and CLASS

I remember my parents complaining about this when the jw songbook first came out. I guess they used to sing some of the beautiful hymns out of the churches of the world before they adopted the official jw song list.

Mom hated the new songs. She had a beautiful operatic voice, and all she could sing at the hall were TV commercial tunes.

Jean

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

No there's another one.

Gosh...i cant remember the number.

it's the tune that plays right before porky pig goes "dbdbdbdbdb...that's all folks!"

• Purza
    Purza
    I hope they get rid of all those "heav'ns", "giv'n", "tho", "e'en", "vivacious", "efficacious" lyrics. With thise lyrics you can party like it's 1899.

LMAO. What about that song Balsam & Gilead (can't remember the number). LOL Those songs bring back memories of people singing off key or singing the wrong verse. I guess it doesn't really matter -- any song that the WTS puts out will suck.

Purza

• avishai
    avishai

Well, being as Prince is a Jw, and writes on occasion several songs a day, lets hope he was in on it. Maybe he brought the "funk" to the kingdom songs. One can only hope.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Didn't that go....How pleasant to see brothers, all dwell in unity....

There is a poster here, I believe it was Farkel, who is really an accomplished keyboardist, had a great rendition of that song. I wish I still had the link to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit