Biology professor speaks out about Watchtower misquoting him

by EndofMysteries 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• carla
    carla

I remember two others who have written the wt and asked to remove the mis-quotes of the wt. These were in my favorites bar from years ago, there must be more on them elsewhere as well.

Dr. Mantey letter- http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/letter_mantey.htm

Barclay letter- http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/letter_barclay.htm

jw's do not care about mis-quotes or outright lies perpetuated by the wt or at least that has been my experience.

• jhine
    jhine

I fully understand that this is a favourite tactic of the WT and that they will ignore complaints if possible .I was wondering if there is any law which could be used by people to force them to respond .

Jan

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

One again, for the lurkers, newbies, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I showed this to my wife...casually ...as if I had just stumbled onto it by mistake after reading the awake article and deciding to google this professor.

She was clearly confused and troubled by it! When she read his open letter to Awake (GB), she was very uncomfortable...

I softened it by saying..."wow...there must be a mistake! Our brothers would never be deceitful!"

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    That's awesome to hear SIAR! So she didn't see his mentions of exjws and immediately reject it? That's what's prevented me from showing my wife. Though I have shown her the misquotes and it didn't seem to phase her so this might not help either. Sounds like you played it well.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In the US filing a lawsuit is very expensive and WT has free lawyers that can drag it out endlessly and run up the costs to the opposing side.

I think the Courts in other countries operate differently, even allowing the damaged plaintiff to recover their costs. Since the Awake! is published internationally, would it be possible to file a lawsuit in a jurisdiction that would allow recovery of all costs of the suit?

Doc

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    Interesting enough, the misquote from Dr. Singh has been removed from the digital version of the January Awake on JW.ORG. May be worthwhile sharing this with your family still stuck in the cult.
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    That's great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit