Los Angeles Times new article about bloodless surgery and the Witnesses :-(

by Neo 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I think I'm adopting a 'Balanced' view of blood. What a concept!!

Personal experience tells me that there are some doctors who are a bit too quick to give blood. I know of a few deaths that were directly linked to blood transfusion. I also, of course, know of several deaths that were directly linked to no blood. (All people I knew personally.)

Immediate family members - including myself - seem to have gotten better and more attentive care with quicker healing time when taking a position 'no blood'.

When planning for my own biopsy with a cardio-thoracic surgeon, I discussed treatment options and potential complications with the surgeon (actually 3 different surgeons). Because of my non-wavering refusal (at the time) he re-assessed me and found that he could probably accomplish the same quality biopsy by making a less-invasive incision in my neck and getting samples from near my collarbone rather than scope down around my heart and lungs and major vessels ("High-Priced Real Estate" were his words) making this a potentially messy surgery and extremely serious with my 'no blood' stand.

The balanced view, in my opinion, is to be respectful of life. Find a surgeon who is willing to take a little extra care and concern for the entire being of their patient.

I may very well accept a transfusion in the future, but will be very open with my doctors about my concerns regarding use of blood.

-Aude (- of the "When did I become a 'Senior Member' club"??!!?)

• Neo
    Neo

Nice post, Aude!

I think I'm adopting a 'Balanced' view of blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit