Are you still the nice polite witness person inside?

by prophecor 18 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Yes.

Eyeslice

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Or have you shed that polyester portion of your personality?

<<I was never the quiet follow the leader type, and bucked it a lot and loudly.>>

Might that personality trait truly been authentic?

<<Don't know. Never tried it.>>

How do you interact with the world and family members now that politeness and civility are no longer a requirement, as you are no longer under the control of the WTBTS?

<<Not really any differently since I was not a doormat to begin with and never went along with the 'if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all' crowd...>>

That's what got me into so much trouble over the years.

Jean

• Preston
    Preston

I've become less kind since I've left particularly to people who think they have the spiritual right to "mold" other people. Since my career as a full-time door knocker is over I take pleasure in telling self-proclaimed spiritual leaders that I have never met in my life to go take a hike. I'm a completely different person now that I think its more admirable to be less tolerant to intolerance. If Jehovahs was here I'd give him a swift kick in the ass!

- Preston

• Es
    Es

I used to be so naive, and have such a conscience. I felt like my dad was always watching my behaviour, when i was the good little pioneer daughter. Now i dont give a damn, my conscience has totally gone out the window, i will practically give anything a go once and if i like it i will do it again. I feel so much freedom its unreal

luv ya

es

• prophecor
    prophecor

luv ya' more!!!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i'm still nice but the difference is i'm no longer a doormat - if someone f---s with me, i'll let them know...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Or have you shed that polyester portion of your personality?

Yes, polyester doesn't breathe like cotton does.

Might that personality trait truly been authentic?

I was raised in the south and my very southern belle mamma taught us to be gentile and mannerly.

Was that really who you were, or a cover because we were required to be so civilized?
    It's who I really am.

How much of that civility still remains despite no longer being a witness?

I'd say the same amount. Because I am more mature though, I am much more assertive.

How do you interact with the world and family members now that politeness and civility are no longer a requirement, as you are no longer under the control of the WTBTS?
    I am still polite. If they step out of line and get in my face, I will let them know it. I also have a policy: don't be toxic or you'll lose the privilege of my company. I won't shun them. I will keep a distance though. Life's too short to be around always unpleasant people. When I say unpleasant, I mean deliberately mean and nasty.

• prophecor
    prophecor

4FHNPower

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I like to think I am. Years of being a witness has had some good effect on me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit