Facts About Jehovah?s Witnesses

by JerichoForce 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

hehe "Christ on a bike". good one.

• Honesty
    Honesty

My church family is over 20 miles up the road. My former KH is only 7 miles. I don't care if it was 1,000 miles to my real bros. and sis. and only 10 feet to a KH. I'd make the 1,000 miles if I had to crawl. That's the difference between Christ's love and Satan's hatred.

• jeanniebeanz
  • JerichoForce
    JerichoForce

Honesty,

Well spoken...

or even better yet in the words of Paul

Rom 8:38 - For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• glitter
    glitter

Sorry for misunderstanding...

Sorry for being confusing.

It is sad you do not believe in the bible probably because of what you have probably been exposed to as a JW...Could you tell me your reasons for not believing the bible (and I mean uncorrupted versions unlike the twisted and distorted copies the JW's use).

By "uncorrupted" do you mean the original Hebrew and Greek?

I didn't stop believing in God because of the JWs - in fact my faith was STRONGER, because I thought "I can't take my disappointment (in not having the true religion) out on God." and I turned to the Bible with an open heart and mind. I was horrified by its contradictions, nonsense and bloodshed. That's what stopped me *loving* God, I don't care if he exists or not (though I believe he doesn't) because he doesn't deserve worship.

• JerichoForce
    JerichoForce

Glitter

I really believe before you make that kind of assessment about what is in the bible you should research a little more, why? Because your eternal future rests on it. Unlike a JW I am not telling you what you should believe but I am saying with something as vital as your eternal future you should be very convinced you are right. To reach that point you at least need to do the following two things

1/ Thoroughly look at the contradictions you see again to see if it is really contradictory or whether the contexts are different

2/ Even though you might not believe in God now, IF there is a God at least pray to Him that if He is real he will guide your understanding, if you try and rely on your own knowledge rather than the wisdom of the creator of the universe then in your own words it probably will all see like rubbish to you.

As for uncorrupted copies of the bible, yes we have the original manuscripts to compare against, but the King James is the best of the current translations, it contains a FEW translation errors which we know about and can be identified by comparing against the original manuscripts.

None of these translation errors in the King James substantively change the meaning, we can go through them one by one any time you like to illustrate this

Some of the original manuscripts that we have from the earliest apostolic age are for example, the Codex Sinaiticus which was found in the monastery of St. Catherine (of the Greek Orthodox Church) at Mount Sinai in 1844 and is now in the British Museum. It contains all of the books of the New Testament and all but small portions of the Old Testament. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was made early in the fourth century, not later than 350 A.D. This manuscript found by a German scholar named, Tishendorf, who was a Protestant.

Another valuable manuscript that has never been possessed by the Roman Catholic Church is the Codex Alexandrianus. It, too, is now on exhibit in the manuscript room of the British Museum in London. It was a gift from the Patriarch of Constantinople (of the Greek Orthodox Church) to Charles I in 1628. It had been in possession of the Patriarchs for centuries and originally came from Alexandria, Egypt from which it gets its name. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was also made in the fourth century and, along with the Codex Sinaiticus, is thought to be one of the fifty Greek Bibles commissioned to be copied by Constantine.

I would be happy to clarify any areas in the bible that you think are contradictory

I would suggest you at least look at what the following sites have to say as well as the book by

W.F.Arndt - Does the bible contradict itself?

on violence look at http://answering-islam.org.uk/Terrorism/violence.html

http://debate.org.uk/topics/apolog/contrads.htm

http://answering-islam.org.uk/Bible/Contra/

http://www.bible.ca/canon.htm

http://www.needhim.org/1/bible/bible2.shtml

http://www.reformed.org/bible/boettner/inspire4.html

In Christ

Also out of interest, if that is your belief why do you participate in this forum..?

Remeber the words of Jesus when He spoke out against the Pharisees or religious zealots of the day who had hardened their hearts against the Word of God,

Mathhew 13:15 'For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them

But if we seek Him and open out hearts, the next verse Jesus says

But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear

• glitter
    glitter

Not particularly bothered about a possible eternity. If there was no reward or punishment after death, would you serve God? If serving God = doing good deeds and trying to live a good life, then I'm doing it already. I'll take my chances.

1/ Thoroughly look at the contradictions you see again to see if it is really contradictory or whether the contexts are different

Nice long list of contradictory parts of the Bible.

Just out of interest: The Israelites went on bloody rampages: killing the civillians and kidnapping the virgin girls. Lovely. Just out of interest, if God sent *you* and your church group to lay waste to a neighbouring town NOW - would *you* kill the women, children, and elderly because you were commanded and they had the wrong God? How would you go about it? Gotta be pretty easy to kill a baby or toddler, but you've got to *chase* the bigger kids and adults. And that screaming and pleading would have to be distracting.

Also out of interest, if that is your belief why do you participate in this forum..?

Because this currently is a fourm ABOUT Jehovah's Witnesses, not FOR Jehovah's Witnesses. I am an exJW, I am interested in them, and my mum is a current JW. There are people of many beliefs here. If you don't see why exJWs might need to talk about their experiences then you don't know ANYTHING about the JW cult.

• glitter
    glitter

Oh and it was the KJV I was using.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi JerichoForce.

Your information is really interesting. I will never convert to any religion again but am now, for the first time, really intersted in the History of religions and the Bible. I have found a lot out on this site from some REALLY intelligent people all ready to back their info up with plenty of links. I like to follow them all up.

I hope you will continue to post even though you know that the majority of us are exJWs and faders from the JWs.

Some of your post I had not heard of before.

I have been brought up a JW. Never wanted to be one. Never had the courage to leave until recently. But now I want to know what exactly I have been wasting my time and life on.

Keep posting , please!

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

JerichoForce

I just find it amusing that out of all wrong understandings of JW someone would come up with such irrelevant small matters like they are wrong in the pronunciation. Or he was resurrected in a body or not. Is the holy spirit a person or a force. Cross or pole. Who cares about thinks we can't even fully grasp and don't even effect us directly as which ever way our behaviour towards them should be the same.

Also what's with the attitude "here is the truth" "you know nothing" "Now I AM going to tell you all about it"

P-L-EEEE-S-E....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit